Indian Shooting thread

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

srini

Re: Indian Shooting thread

Post by srini »

prasen9 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:18 pm I always wonder why we created a thread to discuss shooting of an Indian.
That’s because we think shooting of Americans in recent times makes it extremely important for us to discuss ideas in this thread to play catch up with Americans ;) :p
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

prasen9 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:18 pm I always wonder why we created a thread to discuss shooting of an Indian.

We didn't. Of course, if you switch the noun and the verb, you'd get "Shooting Indian" but that would be a different thread. :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Ah, so a trouble shooting thread is a thread where trouble is shooting rather than being shot ;-) . We should really call it Shooting Trouble Thread. Which, of course, I would promptly interpret as people discussing the trouble they are having with their shooting equipment (as in the final heartbreaking shot, etc.) or while shooting (technique wise). Well, I am glad we do not have a Shooting Indian Thread ;-) . The joys of language.
srini

Post by srini »

No quota from Lahiti shotgun world cup. It’s disappointing to note none of our shooters weren’t even having a remote chance of making it to finals unlike earlier worldcups. Kynan , Prithviraj in Trap used to at least compete until last round in earlier competitions. I don’t see Ganemat Sekhon who used to give some hope in skeet women’s. This time around not sure why she didn’t participate in this world cup... no articles also in news media about reason for her no- show
srini

Post by srini »

Rifle and pistol worldcup to start from today at Rio. Hoping our shooters can add few more quota places
depleter
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by depleter »

And we start off with a gold as usual :p . This time its Elavenil Valarivan who won the gold with Anjum finishing 6th and Apurvi 11th in 10m air rifle women.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Quota prospects ?
srini

Post by srini »

We already have full quota of 2 in women’s air rifle , so the only exciting prospect is we can be sending the best possible athletes in this event selected from trials based on their form before olympics
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Excellent performance by Elavenil , another highly promising youngster. Now, we have gold in this event ( womens 10M Air rifle) in 3 of the 4 world cups this year and Apurvi was 4th in the remaining world cup. With so much talent around this event, selection of 2 shooters itself is going to be a good headache to be having. We must aim for 1 if not 2 medals in this event in Tokyo.
srini

Post by srini »

We have Saurabh and Abhishek at 2, 3 spots when they completed their rounds, rest of the shooters are yet to complete but i am sure both would qualify for finals. Good to see at least two shooters making to finals in 10m air rifle and pistol events
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Sanjeev Rajput just qualified for 50m 3P final ;!hope he wins a quota for us ... 2 on offer and 5 eligible shooters( 2 Serb who can at max win 1 so technically 4 guys in fray)
depleter

Post by depleter »

A bit of drama with Sanjeev Rajput in the qualification. His 39th shot was adjudged a 0 in the starting, which he contested. Don't know what happened but it was judged a 9 at the end, may be he took a shot again.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Gets the quota but damn aftet shootings so well messed up the last point when he had gold on his plate .. finished with a silver
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Still really good performance ... With this, Sanjeev Rajput becomes the 8th Indian and 1st in this event to win Olympic quota in the shooting ... In the qualifying, he qualified on the 2nd position with 1180 pts.

50m Rifle 3 Positions Men
Gold - Petar Gorsa (CRO) 462.2 pts
Silver - Sanjeev Rajput (IND) 462.0 pts
Bronze - Changhong Zhang (CHN) 449.2 pts
srini

Post by srini »

A worthy quota earned by Sanjeev, i was only expecting a quota from him only from Asian championship.
Actually i was wondering how he made it to finals almost disbelieving what i was seeing in live scores , so that was a scoring error earlier then!
At this stage we are topping medals with 2G, 1S and 1B in this World Cup also a significant improvement in performance rifle and pistol events