Bangalore sportz

Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

ashikjose
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Bangalore sportz

Post by ashikjose »

We have started a sports blog in Bangalore to unite all sports lovers in Bangalore. We have been receiving support from various individuals, clubs and sports federations in Bangalore. Our main aim is to treat all sports equally. Lets unite through sports. Hope all of them supports us in this venture. :D :D :D :D

http://bangaloresportz.blogspot.in/
ashikjose

Gender doesnt matter for Soccer

Post by ashikjose »

Hey,

At a time when Soccer is largely considered a men's game in the garden city there are certainly few who considers it to be an all gender game. Girls in garden city are no more strangers to the beautiful game of soccer in namma Bengaluru. This was quite evident in the just concluded Budweiser 6'a' side tourney in Bangalore. The surprising element of this tournament was the participation of few female teams The spirit of these girls during the matches have been something to look forward to. And if many thinks this is not enough to support the rise of fame of soccer among the female gender in Bangalore, there are many other positives to support this claim.

I dont know how many of you people will be knowing about the girls soccer team in all top colleges in Bangalore. The colleges which have girls football teams are Christ University, Mount Carmel college, Jyothi Nivas College, St Josephs College of Commerce and few more colleges. These girls may not possess the same skills and speed like the male players, but their spirit and aggression in a match is something equal to the spirit and aggression which is visible in a men's match.

courtesy: bangaloresportz.blogspot.in
ashikjose

Bangalore's first Professional Soccer club.

Post by ashikjose »

At a time when Football in India is not at par in popularity with Cricket, starting a professional football club in a cricket dominated city of Bengaluru is really a brave, risky and bold decision. Some of the famous Football clubs in Bangalore which used to play in the national football league were ITI and HAL. Both were public sector clubs and lacked funds for development and to retain the talented players. Although HAL football club still exists the new rules of I-League does not allow any public sector clubs to compete in I-League. At this point of time the launch of South United FC has come in as a good news for the football loving fans of Bangalore.

The company who have come forward with this bold initiative is a sports management company in Mumbai called 'Lokko Sports'. South United Football Club was launched on 16 August 2012 at a Hotel in Bangalore by Lokko Sports India Pvt. Ltd. with the long term vision of providing a base for youngsters, not only in Bangalore but the entire Southern India region, to take up football as a professional career. There has been many talented players emerging from the southern states of Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu but today there is not even a single Club from the Southern region of India in I-League. CEO of Lokko Sports, Lokknath Char was quoted saying that "We're looking to bridge the gap between elite and grassroots sports while encouraging youngsters to take up sports as employment'. The club has also received strong backing from the Karnataka State Football Association.

To strengthen the performance of the club Lokko Sports has also roped in Raman Vijayan as the head coach. Raman Vijayan is an experienced Indian footballer who has represented India and also played for several top Indian clubs such as East Bengal, FC Cochin and Mohamedan Sporting. He is also not a stranger to coaching. He has coached Bangalore club KGF academy earlier called BEML. He also runs a Football academy in his home town in Tamil Nadu to promote local talent. Under him South United FC can certainly expect a bright future ahead.

Although South United FC did not have a good run in the just concluded 2nd Division I-League in Bangalore they certainly showcased some brilliance in the Banaglore Super Division when they played in their first major league at their home ground in Bangalore and managed to finish 2nd in the league. They also won their first major tournament, KEDARI REDEKAR UNITED CUP in Kolhapur in which several top Indian clubs participated.

One thing to be noticed about SUFC is that they are entirely made up of Indian talent and does not include any foreigner in their side. From sources close to the club its also understood that they are not interested in availing services from foreign players.

Lets wish South United FC all the best and hope they will be seen in India's premier football league, I-League very soon. We also hope that the club gains a lot of support from the Bangaloreans.

Courtesy: www.bangaloresportz.blogspot.in
ashikjose

Any sports info in Bangalore

Post by ashikjose »

Bangaloresportz are here to unite all sports fans in Bangalore. We are looking out for various ideas and suggestions to improve the value of sports in Bangalore. If anyone wants to share any sports info or photos with us kindly mail us at bangaloresportz@gmail.com. If anyone want to post any article in our blog www.bangaloresportz.blogspot.in do mail us in the given email id. Looking forward to valuable suggestions from anybody.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Bangalore sportz

Post by jayakris »

Hi Ashik, When I approved the starting posts from you (the first couple of posts in the forum need moderator approval), I broke one of our usual moderator rules not to allow folks to use the forum as a way to promote their own websites etc. That was because I thought it would be useful for sports lovers inn Bangalore. But please be careful and not get the readers of the forum complain to moderators and have you banned for starting too many threads all over the place. I moved the posts you made as separate threads (and rejected 2 or 3 more earlier today also, I think), into this one thread. If there is enough discussion on any item, you can start separate threads, or we moderators can help move posts into specific threads.

In general, avoid posting things only to draw readership to the Bangalore spoortz blog. The readers here are known to get annoyed at things like that. Now that you have told them about the blog, what they want from you, if you stay with this forum, would be to join some discussions here also (hint: if every post you make here has a link at the bottom, they know that you are not here to discuss anything in this forum - and we moderators will edit out the links anyway).

I am not yet saying that you are here only for selfish reasons, because you seem to be a sports lover, and may have things to contribute to the many topics discussed here. So, welcome, and join our forum discussions!

Moderator, Jay.
ashikjose

Post by ashikjose »

Hey Kris,
I did not know about that. I am joining a sports forum for the first time. I certainly intended to get some publicity for my blog from the previous posts. Now that you have told me the do's and dont's I will certainly be careful about it. Sorry about it.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

No problem, Ashik. Join us and have some fun discussing sports when you get time. Look around in the various threads here and you would find a lot of things about Indian sports that you would find nowhere else. Will give you more ideas, as you do your blogs work. Best of luck with that. Jay