Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Server Move

Post by Dhruv »

Hi all.

The sports-india site will be moving servers. We are now migrating to a cloud server environment which should hopefully be faster and give us more uptime. I hope to do this sometime this week (before the US Open is the goal) when I have some time. This will lead to some downtime so please bear with me in the duration. I will post an update on this page when I have come up with a time but I thought I would forewarn you just in case it was a last minute thing and you did not see the note.

Cheers,

Dhruv
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Server Move

Post by ajay »

Dhruv, I had been trying to get your attention for months (check the Bug Reporting and Suggestions thread) . I hope you see this post. There are still some sub forums from which the new posts don't show up in the "view active topics." For example, any post in Golf-tournaments don't show up. Somebody said post in Sania forum also don't show up. Can you look into that. Thanks
Ajay
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

ajay,

we went through similar issues earlier; I had suggested bookmarking a specific URL and look at all recent posts. You can also move back and forth by doing minor changes to that URL.

Here is the URL again (most recent 15 posts, followed by the next 15, next 15, etc)
search.php?search_id=newposts&sr=posts& ... =0&start=0
search.php?search_id=newposts&sr=posts& ... 0&start=15
search.php?search_id=newposts&sr=posts& ... 0&start=30
search.php?search_id=newposts&sr=posts& ... 0&start=45

kujo
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by ajay »

Thanks Kujo. I can make use of these links.
Howeve, it was not a problem for me that much as I'll check out the posts in the golf sub forum anyway. I thought it is useful for a class of people who otherwise don't follow the golf so closely, but would be curious to check out if something interesting happens. Although I don't have any statistics, but I believe that the number of visits to golf forum has reduced significantly since the golf posts stopped showing in active topics

It is different matter that there is also a class of people who hate golf :) and for them it is just clutter that they would like to avoid.