Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: New Logo for our website!!!

Post by BSharma »

jayakris wrote:... Does anybody else use the "By the fans, of the fans, for the fans" ?? .. I should check.
Jay
Jay,

You don't have to waste time checking it because I have the answer. A tennis website developed by a multitalented Professor in California in mid-90s was the first one to use it. ;)

My initial thought was that a slogan was a good thing for Sports-India website, and now the more I think about it, the less I feel that there is a real need for it. I believe that the people who join the forum do it because they like what people write. A logo is a good thing; a slogan is debatable.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Well, those actually are very few pages that mention it, for google searches these days for any phrase. Just about 4 or 5, and there is still only ONE page that shows the motto right there on the front page. TennisIndia.Org. In fact, when I coined the phrase 10 years back and put up that page, I had not heard the phrase anywhere. So, we still have patent on the phrase :)

I am just sayin ... I am Ok with any motto you all pick.

Jay
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Did you guys know that Sports India almost had a logo before we bloviated a lot and tanked it? Is kirinx still alive? Does he still have the logos? Should we finally decide on one? Or are we an all talk and no graphics bunch? Slogan?

I know. I know. We all got busy with so much sports to read about and report. And bloviate. That is important, btw. Bloviating. Never stop bloviating. But now that we have ample time, should we finally decide and give kirinx the answer he wanted. Select a logo?

Food for thought folks. You had almost 12 years to think about it. Before Ram comes out of his banabas, we should decide. He will not be too happy to see an all-talk-and-no-image sports India. Just sayin'.