Please check the following site as well

Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Please check the following site as well

Post by Dhruv »

Hi as part of the upgrade to the new layout could you please check the following as well. This is with the integration with drupal and should work....

tester/drupal

Thanks,

Dhruv

PS: The forums menu is in the top right hand corner for now. I'll probably put a few more elsewhere. Am taking a break from this for a couple of hours now.....
krinix
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Please check the following site as well

Post by krinix »

Good work dhruv, I like the cool blue theme, goes well withphpbb.
The website looks easy and nicely done.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Dhruv wrote:Hi as part of the upgrade to the new layout could you please check the following as well. This is with the integration with drupal and should work....

tester/drupal
This site has nothing to test.

I may be in the minority, but, I liked the old site better. But, maybe I am resistant to change and if everyone else likes this, that is the way to go. Was there any security concerns that necessitated this change? Or maybe this will make some maintenance easier? Anyway, thanks for the hard work and your support of this forum.

There is some real estate on the left (frame?) that is unused. It gives us information about who is on the site and some other links. When I am reading and responding to posts that is superfluous. So instead of having that panel, can the whole of the main frame be displayed on the browser so that there is more real estate to read and write the posts?

Also, I hate the scroll-bar. A second scroll bar is really unnecessary. Most browsers have scroll bars that can be used to move up and down a page. Now, when I am posting, there is a 3rd scroll bar for the post. I think the second scroll bar should be removed. As always, in a democracy, if others find it useful, it could stay.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

prasen9 wrote: There is some real estate on the left (frame?) that is unused. It gives us information about who is on the site and some other links. When I am reading and responding to posts that is superfluous. So instead of having that panel, can the whole of the main frame be displayed on the browser so that there is more real estate to read and write the posts?

Also, I hate the scroll-bar. A second scroll bar is really unnecessary. Most browsers have scroll bars that can be used to move up and down a page. Now, when I am posting, there is a 3rd scroll bar for the post. I think the second scroll bar should be removed. As always, in a democracy, if others find it useful, it could stay.
Many reasons for the change including some compatibility concerns.

The scroll bar is a Firefox and Opera bug as far as I can tell. IE 7 doesn't seem to have it. So something in the css is broken.

Take your point about the real estate as well. Currently we are working in integrated login but a wrapper mode so the real estate and scroll bar problems. Once the header is a common header this should not happen.