Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Please check your accounts on the new forums

Post by Dhruv »

suresh wrote:Hi Dhruv,

The number of my posts have miraculously gone past 2000 (it was around 1600)!

Suresh
PS: I like the feel and most definitely the default fonts.
Hmm. Well I got the software to recount all the posts and the statistics and that's the number it gave me. Maybe last time I was not counting the archived threads ???
krinix
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by krinix »

Dhruv wrote:yeah moderators (other than global moderators) have not been set up as i need to do this again today.

Krinix,thanks for the offer but i need to upgrade to Jommla 1.5 first so I am thinking of Drupal and phpbb as Drupal appears to be quite powerful.
Yeah drupal is powerful, you get to build site from scratch. yet I find Drupal a bit technical.
I see that you have already integrated phpbb into joomla. It looks nice.
I bet you have already been to phpbb forum to know how to colourise prosilver theme, so that blue chnages to sports-india.com's black.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

krinix wrote:
Dhruv wrote:yeah moderators (other than global moderators) have not been set up as i need to do this again today.

Krinix,thanks for the offer but i need to upgrade to Jommla 1.5 first so I am thinking of Drupal and phpbb as Drupal appears to be quite powerful.
Yeah drupal is powerful, you get to build site from scratch. yet I find Drupal a bit technical.
I bet you have already been to phpbb forum to know how to colourise prosilver theme, so that blue chnages to sports-india.com's black.
I could colorize it but am thinking whether I should move to Drupal first and then make the changes.

It's just a wrapper just now. For integration I would need to move to 1.5 Joomla.....
krinix

Post by krinix »

Dhruv wrote:
krinix wrote:

I could colorize it but am thinking whether I should move to Drupal first and then make the changes.

It's just a wrapper just now. For integration I would need to move to 1.5 Joomla.....
yeah your right, its always good to proceed after you have planned.
I was thinking in terms of completing changing the look of the site.
I guess you are good at drupal. So go ahead and do the changes you are confident in.
Joomla 1.5 works much better and has many more Mods and Extensions. I like Jfusion integration
Im glad you switched over to phpbb3, its just too good forum software available with tons of mods.
The phpbb3 looks great.

Do let me know, if you need any help. I wanted to do a logo for sports-india.com
Last edited by krinix on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Dhruv wrote:
suresh wrote:Hi Dhruv,

The number of my posts have miraculously gone past 2000 (it was around 1600)!

Suresh
PS: I like the feel and most definitely the default fonts.
Hmm. Well I got the software to recount all the posts and the statistics and that's the number it gave me. Maybe last time I was not counting the archived threads ???
Yes that must be the case as last time my posts reduced by 1000 posts ... :tomato:

But today those missing posts r added ... And Jay is also reached to near 15K posts ... :devil:

Jaydeep
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

krinix wrote:
Do let me know, if you need any help. I wanted to do a logo for sports-india.com
Thanks for the offer. Although I'm reasonable with php and coding (although now 3 or 4 years out of date) I absolutely suck at graphics. Anything you can come up on a graphical side for a logo will be brilliant.

The site used to run on phpBB2 and I had written a couple of mods (chat integration, CMS etc.) which were in the phpBB2 mod database but then phpBB3 took forever.

At some point I did a complete redesign and switched to Joomla and SMF as didn't have any time to code.

Now, I think, it is time for another complete redesign so....

Just had another look at what the site used to look like ages ago through the wayback machine..... I guess the site wasn't too popular before 2003.
krinix

Post by krinix »

Dhruv wrote:
krinix wrote:
Thanks for the offer. Although I'm reasonable with php and coding (although now 3 or 4 years out of date) I absolutely suck at graphics. Anything you can come up on a graphical side for a logo will be brilliant.

The site used to run on phpBB2 and I had written a couple of mods (chat integration, CMS etc.) which were in the phpBB2 mod database but then phpBB3 took forever.

At some point I did a complete redesign and switched to Joomla and SMF as didn't have any time to code.

Now, I think, it is time for another complete redesign so....

Just had another look at what the site used to look like ages ago through the wayback machine..... I guess the site wasn't too popular before 2003.
Thanks for your positive response. I will certainly make few designs and upload it here, and then maybe you can have a poll or something of that sort for the design to be used.
I actually use fireworks and illustrator for my designing. Photoshop is still tough and not user freindly, and I'havent got time to sit and learn it.
So I will be creating the Logo/Graphics with the the help of these two tools.

I will roughly desgin it with no image size or dimension constraints intially, and once you have decided on drupal/phpbb or Joomla 1.5/phpbb then you can send me the header file of the template used, and then I will design the logo more specifically. I will do it Web.2 standards with gloss and reflection, but not govinda style ;)

PS- Im not expert in graphic designing either, but can come up with decent enough Logos.

With the new changes, the site will become more popular. I simply love open source softwares.
mytestaccount

Post by mytestaccount »

Well my test account can post as well.
PKBasu2

Post by PKBasu2 »

I still can't log in with my old username (without the "2"!). Every time I try to register, it tells me my username and password already exist, but it doesn't recognize them when I try to login using the old username and password...

I've spent a good part of the day trying to fix this!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

PKBasu2 wrote:I still can't log in with my old username (without the "2"!). Every time I try to register, it tells me my username and password already exist, but it doesn't recognize them when I try to login using the old username and password...

Its better Dhruv reset password of ur original account, PKBasu.

Jaydeep
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

PKBasu2 wrote:I still can't log in with my old username (without the "2"!). Every time I try to register, it tells me my username and password already exist, but it doesn't recognize them when I try to login using the old username and password...

Umm you don't need to register. I had reset your password when you emailed me this morning. Please check your inbox for your password (check junk mail just in case it went there). I have logged in as you just to make sure everything is working and it appears to be from my end.

PS: This is Dhruv

PPS: Your username is PKBasu although don't know if the case needs to be the same for the username.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Dhruv,

one query,
why Google, Yahoo and MSN bots r logged in on our site? Any particular reason behind this, like improving site rating on their search engines?

Jaydeep
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

jaydeep wrote:Dhruv,

one query,
why Google, Yahoo and MSN bots r logged in on our site? Any particular reason behind this, like improving site rating on their search engines?

Jaydeep
Nah they always logged in but basically now with the new software, it knows the IP addresses that these people log-in from and so basically the site shows that the bot has logged in.

The reason behind this is that often Google or yahoo bots scan multiple pages at the same time from different IP addresses creating multiple database sessions. By having them as users the number of database user sessions can be reduced. I can also control what the bots see and don't see and a bot friendly SEO type as well as a bandwidth lite version of the website can be presented to them. (haven't changed the default for them) Also the number of users online is more accurate. There are a few other reasons but I think I've covered most of them....
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Dhruv, somehow my log in name is not recognised in the front page. I have to get into the forum and then log in. Is it the same for everybody

May be, PKB is also facing the same problem
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Saandeep wrote:Dhruv, somehow my log in name is not recognised in the front page. I have to get into the forum and then log in. Is it the same for everybody

May be, PKB is also facing the same problem
Could you PM me your password so I can check it out.