Infected by the Corona Virus

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: Infected by the Corona Virus

Post by Kumar »

Back in March, My mother said TV headlines was ‘COVID has come to high rise buildings’. Was thinking it was just a gimmick

I agree that people who is taking all precautions wearing masks and social distancing are still getting sick. Especially now when everyone is ultra cautious.

The big difference in this wave, people in their their early 40s without any obvious comorbidities are having Severe Covid with extended ICU stay and some cases fatal.
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

Kumar wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:24 pm
The big difference in this wave, people in their their early 40s without any obvious comorbidities are having Severe Covid with extended ICU stay and some cases fatal.
Even without obvious commorbidities, Indian' in urban areas living with very high pollution likely have compromised lungs (essentially same as having smokers lungs). For those that get regular medical checkups, I believe some level of COPD is pretty high in India.
suresh

Post by suresh »

On the importance of everyone getting vaccinated in a family

A family of three, a lady living with her father and school age son, have all test positive for Covid19. The lady is fully vaccinated but her father refused to take vaccines. He first came down with the infection and the other two tested positive the next day. All have mild symptoms at the moment and are under home quarantine. (This is first hand information.)

The lesson here is that it is important for everyone in a family to get vaccinated -- even one person not doing so can have consequences. The Delta variant is clearly able to lead to breakthrough infections especially if one has very close contact with an infected family member.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

There is a couple in our group ...our age... Early forties .... They have refused to get vaccinated. We have refused to meet them till they get vaccinated. We are not meeting anyone yet, but we have told them whenever that day comes, we are not meeting them unless they are vaccinated.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Omkara wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:08 am There is a couple in our group ...our age... Early forties .... They have refused to get vaccinated. We have refused to meet them till they get vaccinated. We are not meeting anyone yet, but we have told them whenever that day comes, we are not meeting them unless they are vaccinated.
Spot on! We shouldn't fall sick because of someone else's mistake.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Just to keep you guys informed after avoiding for so many months, I finally got positive for covid yesterday. Was having fever for 3-4 days and so tested yesterday. Since fever is still not going away after 5 days, got admitted in hospital today. Oxygen level and other parameters are ok as of now.

Family members also got tested today but I had isolated myself on first day of fever. So, hope they are ok. They do not have any symptoms as of now.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

sameerph wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:47 pm Just to keep you guys informed after avoiding for so many months, I finally got positive for covid yesterday. Was having fever for 3-4 days and so tested yesterday. Since fever is still not going away after 5 days, got admitted in hospital today. Oxygen level and other parameters are ok as of now.

Family members also got tested today but I had isolated myself on first day of fever. So, hope they are ok. They do not have any symptoms as of now.
Sameer, hope you feel better soon. BestWishes , take care and praying for your quick recovery
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Get well fast, Sameer. I am sure you will be fine very soon, and all our best wishes for a speedy recovery.
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Get well soon Sameer. By the way had you taken both vaccines?
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Sameer!
suresh

Post by suresh »

sameerph wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:47 pm Just to keep you guys informed after avoiding for so many months, I finally got positive for covid yesterday. Was having fever for 3-4 days and so tested yesterday. Since fever is still not going away after 5 days, got admitted in hospital today. Oxygen level and other parameters are ok as of now.

Oh no! Take care Sameer. Get well soon. Do you have any idea as to how you got infected?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Get well soon Sameer. You will be in our thoughts.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Get well soon Sameer .. in the same boat, hoping for viral and not Covid or dengue (will know more soon)
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Take care Sameer, get well soon.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Sameer, take care and get well soon. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Ditto for Ankit, if I understood his message correctly.