Coronavirus SARS-Cov2 (COVID-19)

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Coronavirus SARS-Cov2 (COVID-19)

Post by jayakris »

So we had +86.7K today... It went up, but the 7-day average is basically the same as yesterday (no drop today after 13 days). The tests aldo went up today, the nicest story being KAR going into the 95K range... The states reported around 1336K tests today, and our positivity was 6.49% ... Not bad. the first time that we crossed 1300 tests from the states' reports.

No sign of MAH, KER, CHG and MP doing anything drastic on their testing situation. Kerala's positivity has now gone up to 13.9% and CHG to 22%... ARGH. :damn: ... Maharashtra is down from the 25% range to the 20% range now though. MP's case numbers and positivity have been improving lately, but somehow I find it hard to believe that they are over the problem, if they are doing less than 25K tests on most days. I think MP has a serious second wave ready to break out any time, if they don't do what UP and BIH does with AG tests. It could get ugly in MP and I remain very concerned... But, for now, no issue.

depleter
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by depleter »

ICMR tests update : daily - 1,423,052 Total - 75,619,781

Hope it's not just reconciliation but rather genuine increase in tests. Ughh ...Can't they just increase it to like 2 Million already.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I think ICMR is still some 300-400K tests behind the states, in the counts during just the past 3-4 days though...

Hopefully CHG, KER and MP will show a serious rise in testing soon. Very worrisome. I don't want to see these places become like AP and keep going for the next 2 months.

Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Would love to see the positivity today? If indeed the total tests were above 1.4m, then is it the first time that tests went up but numbers didn't.

I was speaking to my colleague who got infected by covid. He stays in dombivili Kalyan area. Total cases there has fallen from 500 daily to roughly 150 daily. Which to me sounds great.

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Yes, Maharashtra numbers are going down. But, strangly Mumbai numbers have gone up, after getting down around 1800's for 2 days , it was back up to 2600+ yesterday and 2300+ today. Not seen if the tests have gone up but otherwise not a good sign just when almost everything is opening up ( dine in restaurants start on 5th October).

Omkara

Post by Omkara »

That happened because we opened malls and other commercial spaces. So now opening restaurants will also increase cases. Its still manageable. They need to test more. But they won't do.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Omkara wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:44 pm Would love to see the positivity today? If indeed the total tests were above 1.4m, then is it the first time that tests went up but numbers didn't.
Sorry, I was away for most of the day and when I got back the site was almost not accessible... Anyway, there is no relation between what ICMR shows and what the states show. The states numbers are right, because we can see continuity in what they report. The states reported about 1209K cases on Thursday. It was down because Assam was done with the 3 days of extra 300K AG tests that they did to catch a lot more cases early (got some 4000 extra cases, I think). They were back down to 40K cases today. Anyway, at +81.8K, our positivity was 6.76% on Thursday.

-----------------

ICMR Update: 76,717,728 total tests... Thursday tests: 1,097,947... I would again expect around 1200K+ tests reported by states on Friday... Lab count: 1869

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

The slow drip-drop of numbers continue everywhere.... except in Kerala which grew at an unbelievable 4.5% rate again (nearly 4 times the rate everywhere else in India)... +9258 there, today.... We should still be no higher than +81K or so, despite Kerala.

And Trump comes down with Covid-19.... Quick quip from a friend - "Finally we find something positive about Trump" :)

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

sameerph wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 pm Yes, Maharashtra numbers are going down. But, strangly Mumbai numbers have gone up, after getting down around 1800's for 2 days , it was back up to 2600+ yesterday and 2300+ today. Not seen if the tests have gone up but otherwise not a good sign just when almost everything is opening up ( dine in restaurants start on 5th October).
Maharashtra comes down again for 3rd or fourth straight day but Mumbai again goes a bit higher with 2440.

depleter

Post by depleter »

Didn't Dr. Harsh Vardhan say that the cases will go down by Diwali. I really want to know what numbers or studies the govt has in their lap.

An interesting study that came out recently : New strategy to fight Covid as research reveals startling facts on superspreader people & events

depleter

Post by depleter »

Hmmmm.....We finished below 80K???? wow. And yesterday was a holiday too so may be we will get even less today..

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^ Yeah, we finished at +79.8K, despite Kerala numbers going up with no respite... The tests reported by the states were about 1179K and the positivity was the same as yesterday, at 6.77%

----------------
ICMR Update: 77,850,403 total tests... Friday tests: 1,132,675... Lab count: 1871

Omkara

Post by Omkara »

depleter wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 pm Hmmmm.....We finished below 80K???? wow. And yesterday was a holiday too so may be we will get even less today..
Impact of holiday will be felt today. With lower tests and lower numbers. Thursday numbers have relatively higher tests and lower positivity. Which is good.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I am out for most of this morning and may not be able to give updates at the Update page :( ... Or may do some update and could disappear for a while. As always, just check twitter.com/Theupdater_ and twitter.com/ANI for updates (but the covid19india page is really slow these days)

At least there is a drop in Kerala... Only +7834 today, 1500 below yesterday... From 54.5K tests at 14.3% ( a slight drop from 14.7 yesterday; so it is mostly from less tests, but not all because of that... At least the numbers didn't grow at over 4.5% like the last two days!)

Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Today's numbers are of no use. I feel the real test starts Monday Tuesday next week.