Best MBA Colleges in India for sports management

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
shatabdi
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Best MBA Colleges in India for sports management

Post by shatabdi »

Hi,

I have completed my b-tech in jain university Bangalore. I am currently looking to study MBA in any trending specialization which can offer me good salary packages after completing the course. I came to know about sports management, which I feel i can do as sports are trending in India. Suggest me some good colleges in India offering sports management and internships they're offering.
Observer

Re: Best MBA Colleges in India for sports management

Post by Observer »

IMHO sports management is such a niche field that one couldn't and shouldn't depend on a college degree to lead to a career path in it. The best way is to find a way to start adding value to the sportsperson/team you think you can manage in some capacity. If you cant already do that then try to acquire skills which would let you do that and a degree isn't necessarily the only or the best way of acquiring those skills.

If you are not sure how to start then I would suggest you closely follow someone successful either in India or abroad and try to emulate them in some capacity. The downside of following an unconventional career path is that you have to build your own path because the infrastructure to help you build a career in the field isn't developed enough. The upside ofcourse is that you don't have to navigate pre-existing corporate structures and its exciting.

As for the college, go for the best you can get into. Join only if you can get into a good one, otherwise you would probably be better off getting in early and growing in your career. An MBA degree per se is probably not a prerequisite for a career in sports management.
nasminstitute

Re: Best MBA Colleges in India for sports management

Post by nasminstitute »

The NEST Academy of Sport Management, Mumbai is one of India's top Colleges, with a reputation for outstanding teaching and experiential learning.