Hey Hey Hey... from Down Under!

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
hbaker
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Hey Hey Hey... from Down Under!

Post by hbaker »

G’day… I’m a new member on the forum and just wanted to say howdy!

I’m a 25 year old ‘social’ golfer from Australia. Working hard so haven’t had much time for golfing but am keen to get some rounds in over the Christmas/New Year break :-)

Looking forward to having a good read about some international golfing so let me know if you have any forum use recommendations or cool topics/posts I can check out.

To lower handicaps, and beyond!
hbaker
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Hey Hey Hey... from Down Under!

Post by hbaker »

Hey Guys,

This year (2012) I have missed out on a lot of golf due to work and other commitments and I have decided to plan an annual (if my finances let me) "Golfing Holiday" starting in 2013. Obviously I would like to do a little more than golf but would love to ensure I see the best courses and meet some cool people/golfers on my trip.

That said, as I am from the Gold Coast in Australia where it is golfing season all year round which I know is not the case around the world (sorry to rub it in haha)

I was initially thinking UK and Ireland for 2013 which as far as google tells me the best time is July/August... As this is Sports-India Community I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the possibility of doing a golf trip to India?? The other scenario I was thinking was it would be cool if I organised it to coincide with a Major Tournament or Event that I could go to or something...

Anyways, let me know your thoughts so I can make the most of it!

Thanks