Forum members get together to play...

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Forum members get together to play...

Post by suresh »

Dinesh (bujilover) and Gautam (gbelday) have got entries into the 2018 Chicago Marathon. So we are going to have two representatives next year as well. Dinesh is a talented runner and should easily go under 4h (3:45 or better is my guess).
bujilover
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by bujilover »

Thanks, Suresh. I am not sure about talent but I sure can run :D I also have the Wisconsin marathon coming up in the Spring (only registered for this in order to stay active during the snowy winter here in Chicago :oops: )

It will be fun to meet and run with Gautam next year. :D
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Dinesh promised to carry me for the last few miles. That's the only reason that I signed up :)

Suresh, your training regimen and your FB posts have been a great source of inspiration. I am hoping to train really hard for this one. There may not be a next time. I want to go under 5 this time.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Best of luck to Dinesh and Gautam who will be running at the Chicago Marathon this weekend.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Thanks, Suresh!
Gautam is not running this year, decided to pull out as he couldn’t train the summer. I trained barely for like a week, but let’s see how it goes :kookoo:
Varma

Post by Varma »

Good luck, Dinesh!

- Varma
suresh

Post by suresh »

Happy new year. I am running my second full marathon at the IDBI New Delhi Marathon on Feb 24, 2019. I am targeting a time of 3:55. For a person of extremely limited talent like me, this involves 18 weeks of training (I'm currently in week 11). I am raising funds for V-Excel Educational Trust for the third year in a row -- an NGO that enables differently abled children and young adults to live a life as close to normal. I don't have any monetary goals but I'd like to have at least 100 donors. You can help me out by donating here:

Click here to donate

For those in the US and India, you will be able to get a tax break for your contributions. Do send me an email after you make your contribution so that I can maintain a rough tally of the number of donors. If you have any issues while donating, do let me know and I will try to fix them.
suresh

Post by suresh »

For completeness, I ran the Delhi Marathon last weekend and finished in 3:54:42, 18 seconds faster than the target. Thanks to all of you who contributed to my cause. You are welcome to contribute as I am yet to close the site.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Congrats Suresh for achieving your target of below 3:55 in the full marathon ... :notworthy:
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Congratulations, Suresh. Good to see all your hard work in training paying off. You're always a huge inspiration to me :notworthy:
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Congrats Suresh. You are such an inspriration!
suresh

Post by suresh »

I am running the HM at the Chennai marathon on Jan 5,2020 and a 25K race at the Yercaud Ultra on Feb 16, 2020. I have no personal goals this time around but hope to improve on my Half Marathon PB of 1:53:xx that I set while training for the Delhi Marathon in Feb 2019. Like I do every year, I am raising funds for V-Excel Educational Trust -- an NGO that enables differently abled children and young adults to live a life as close to normal. I don't have any monetary goals but I'd like to have at least 100 donors. You can help me out by donating here:

Click here to donate

For those in the US and India, you will be able to get a tax break for your contributions. Do send me an email after you make your contribution so that I can maintain a rough tally of the number of donors. If you have any issues while donating, do let me know and I will try to fix them.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Just an update on my races. The first race was the HM at Chennai on Jan 5. I was targeting a time of 1h 50 minutes but it was hot and humid that day. I struggled to finish in 1:58:39 which was good enough for top 10 in my age group. The second race was 25K at the Yercaud Hills Ultra on Feb 16. Running in the hills poses a challenge and I ran conservatively and finished in 2:29:52 which got to an overall 9th position (this is a small race). Thanks to all who donated to my cause.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks for update Suresh ... You are a motivator ... :clap:
suresh

Post by suresh »

Following Prasen9's lead, I am making an entry in a different thread. The organisers of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon scheduled in August have called off their race this year. This is a sensible thing to do.

In a different vein, classes at IITM are restarting tomorrow in online mode. Students are to stay at home until April 14. I expect that date to get pushed.