Hi friends. Need writers for new sports website

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
kjvenky
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Hi friends. Need writers for new sports website

Post by kjvenky »

Hi friends,

I am a professsional Website developer from IIT Madras. I felt very sad that except for cricket there is no professional website for anyother sports. So i decided to do one and i have worked a lot of come to a stage but i donno how to proceed this as i cant write for all sports.

Please have a look at http://www.indiaplayers.com , the one i built and if you are intersted in writing for it please kindly contact me at kjvenky@gmail.com

Regards,
Venkatesh
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Hi friends. Need writers for new sports website

Post by jayakris »

Well, I approved your post and allowed the thread in (I think you need moderator approval if your first post itself is starting a thread) ..

Anyway, I will give you my first comment. Please redo ALL the content on the first page. You call this website to be one for Indian sports, and you fill it up with news on NBA, European football and all that? Come on, you should have the basic interest in Indian sports to write something about something Indian. So, you have started with a fail. But hope you can correct that soon, and it is only a skeleton design with some content for now.

All the links are failing right now, except the home page. So, you have a lot of work to do.

I am sure there are quite a few people here in this forum who might even help with an article or two on pretty much any Indian sport, but only if you show some sincerety to other INDIAN sports (which means, first take down all Kobe Bryant and Chelsea and other unnecessary stuff from the page and do something to show them that you are even a marginal fan of some sports other than cricket from India).. Best of luck,

Jay

PS: What do you mean web developer from IIT Madras? That is my alma mater, and I would be pretty upset if that is what they are teaching now - Not that there is anything bad about web developing; but that is not an academic area usually, and is a skills/craft area, which universities are not the best at :)
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Venkatesh as Jay said,pls remove every single thing about non-indian stuffs (i hardly found an indian piece).

All the best for ur future anna.
kjvenky

Post by kjvenky »

Thanks for the reply annas. Ya i am still working on it. I am just replacing lots of content given by the template designer. It may take a weeks time. Sorry for posting in advance. I promise there will not a spec of any foregin news. :)
mugu
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by mugu »

Endorse everything that Jay has stated. It is common practice in India, even when they have to advertise a National championship, to have a poster of a foreign athlete or to have any publicity material that contains only foreign athletes. Why, even DD has an all-foreign cast in its blurbs and launches regarding any sports coverage that it plans doing. Thus, this website, when one tried to find out what it contained of Indian sport, proved a huge disappointment.
kjvenky

Post by kjvenky »

I am very sorry friends, I am just overexited and was working on this from a month. So i am nick of temptation i posted it a bit ahead. without clearing of things from the template.

I Surely will clear of all the things. I promise it would be absolutely indian, no foreign content will be there all will be removed fully.

-Kj
Runcie

Post by Runcie »

There is already a good site providing info about Indian sports:
http://www.sportskeeda.com/
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yeah, I was thinking of sportskeeda too. Well, Venky has his work cut out -- beat out sportskeeda with his new site....

Jay