What are the best restaurants in Hyderabad?

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
jai_in_canada

What are the best restaurants in Hyderabad?

Post by jai_in_canada »

Hi Gang:

I believe Hyderabad has really blossomed in recent years in terms of its culinary offerings. I am looking for guidance on the best restaurants there, of all types of cuisine. I am vegetarian, so those with a good selection of veggie items would be great. BTW, when I say "best" I am not necessarily refering only to the 5-star, expensive ones. If there is a humble place in the old city with the best biryani, please add that to the list.

Thanks in advance

Jai
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: What are the best restaurants in Hyderabad?

Post by gbelday »

My two favorite joints (still popular) are Nanking and Paradise (biryani), both in Secunderabad. Maybe young guns like Sandeep have the latest and greatest info?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Looking at the thread I prepared a list of best restaurants in HYD, but after reading your post I hardly have anything left in my list with good VEGETARIAN food :) In my 20 years of HYD life, I have never tasted Vegetarian food in restaurants :( . I am assuming all my favorite places will have good vegetarian food too

1) All BJN group restaurants are very good. Try Angeethi and Sahib Sindh Sultan (both BJN group) for good north Indian food. Amazing taste
2) Mainland China has the best chinese food in HYD (better than Nanking but lot more expensive too)
3) 1857 and 70mm (Ohri's group) has some great Indian food
4) Southern Spice has good south Indian food
5) For Mexican food try La Cantina in Novotel, one of the best Mexican foods you can have (for me better than what you get in USA)
6) Couple of Thai restaurants (Isda Thai and Thai express), decent taste nothing great though (compared to USA). For Indians, it is something different
7) For Biryani, nothing beats the taste of Paradise Biryani

I can suggest even more if you can specifically tell me what exactly you are looking for. Great Ambience, something variety, lounge types???
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Thanks, Sandeep and Gautam! Great pointers.

Sandeep, what do you mean by "lounge types?" That sounds like a cool place to hang out.