Newbie Here!

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
sylvia.gilbert
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Newbie Here!

Post by sylvia.gilbert »

Hello All......... Me Sylvia Gilbert from India, single, female, 24 working in Mobile Development (rapid soft technologies). Just joined this site and found this is a very good site. Hope i will enjoy here a lot. I like cricket and football. And hope this football world cup will win by England or France.
Regards..
Sylvia.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Newbie Here!

Post by jayakris »

Welcome Sylvia to the forum. I took out the inline URL for the company but left the name there - which is just our usual policy here, to discourage some folks who try to use the forum for advertizing or webpage traffic rather than to discuss Indian sports. Hope to see you join the discussions!

Your friendly moderator, Jay
contentcreation

$10K Great Britain Futures F8/ F9/ F10 - 28th Jun- 18th Jul

Post by contentcreation »

Hi! Am new to this forum, and I can see that this forum is one of the very active forums on the topic. Am sure I will be able to get some really interesting information here.
contentcreation

Re: $10K Great Britain Futures F8/ F9/ F10 - 28th Jun- 18th Jul

Post by contentcreation »

Also, I would like to add here that am so much interested in this topic that am running my own blog on this topic.

www.tennisfreaks.contentcreatorz.com/
amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Hello All

Post by amr090 »

Wow, it has been two years since my last post and a lot has happend. This forum was a mainstay in my life growing up as a teenager and then through college. I have fond memories of multiple tennis discussions and debates. Somehow over time I got busy and lost touch.

I just wanted to drop a quick note to all those veteran sports-india forumers that are still here and say hello! I can't promise I will post as much as I used to but I will try to occasionally comment in this forum again.

It has been a long while and now I am back!

-Arun
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Hello All

Post by jayakris »

Yeay! You are still around. What happened to you for 2 years? What've you been upto? Got married? (in which case, I understand that in a couple of years one would need a break from you know who, and need to resort to forgotten friends :) ) ... But great to see you back. Stay on this time, ok?

Jay
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Yes, please do post as often as you can. We missed you. I often wondered what happened to you. Please share what you feel comfortable in sharing with us. How about a new picture to start with?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Hey nice to hear from you Arun after a long time. Hope to see your discussions again in the forum. Happy posting :)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Hey Arun, welcome back! So how life moving around? I m also hoping u able to post regularly.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Hi guys,

Thanks, it's good to be back...one thing that hasn't changed is that I still love Indian sports and continue to follow it in detail.....I am looking forward to the asian cup starting today...hopefully india can put together a miracle.

Ok about me...I've been working at a management consulting firm for about 4.5 years now since I graduated from college and am getting ready to head to business school in the fall for my mba. I got married last January and married life has been great but hectic and I live in Virginia. That's about it from me

Here's a recent picture of me and my wife for those that asked :o)
Attachments
71595_798985709446_37507212_42132831_3956113_n.jpg
71595_798985709446_37507212_42132831_3956113_n.jpg (43.01 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Wow! That's a lovely couple. Congratulations. Are you planning to attend Darden? I suspect not. Anyway, best wishes for continued success in life.
Last edited by Atithee on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sathya

Post by Sathya »

amr090 wrote:Wow, it has been two years since my last post and a lot has happend.
Welcome Back Arun ! Its nice to have you back !
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Thanks guys, good to be back. Unfortunately, got the rejection from Darden a couple weeks ago. But I've interviewed at Kellogg, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ross), UT-Austin (McCombs) and am waiting to hear from Georgetown and Carnegie Mellon, so we'll see what happens.

One thing I tremendously miss is the presence of Dr. Bhushan Sharma. He was without a doubt one of the nicest people on this forum and his thoughts were always friendly and insightful...he will be missed.

Anyways looking forward to get back into the swing of things with indian sports and my highly opinionated posts. :rant:
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

If I remember correctly, you were our inside source for Uberoi sisters. Perhaps even helping them with maintaining their website. I think Neha is at Princeton and did a tennis clinic or something in Fiji. Are you still close to them? If yes, what are their plans?

Ross/Kellogg are definitely good schools (as are others though Jay may think McCombs is the best). However, each of them has a certain geographical strength (i.e. local employers hire from local schools). Are you planning to stay in management consulting? I hope you will get in a school of your choice.

Yes, I think we all miss Dr. Sharma terribly. What a loss for not only this forum, but also the whole world. He left too early.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Yeah still friends with Neha. I think she is done with tennis unless things change dramatically, don't really want to comment on why other than that the grind of the tour got to be too much for her.

She is back at Princeton and having a great time though.