This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Formation of Telangana!!

Post by Sandeep »

Completely agree with Vishnu's post. Only central government can tell what made them take that decision overnight!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Um! Could Hyderabad be made an Union Territory (such as Chandigarh)? I assume possession of Chandigarh must have been a hot issue when Harayana was created? I have no idea, just throwing out both a question and solution. The question being how are UTs defined and created?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

UT is the best option, but Telangana separatists would not agree a Telangana state without Hyderabad. They very well know that without Hyderabad, Telangana has no source of income!!! It will crumble. The second major problem would be allocation of water. Two massive projects (Srisailam and Nagarjuna Sagar) are in the Telangana/Andhra border. Who should get these dams? Also, there are couple of them being built at the moment in Telangana. There are several other issues to be sorted out before announcing a state. Nothing of this sort happened and a separate state was announced.
usaindian
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by usaindian »

looks like formation is delayed
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Total and complete ineptitude shown in how this was handled.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Total and complete ineptitude shown in how this was handled.
Why? I thought they handled it well the second time.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am talking about the whole mess, not just the second time. I do not think this issue is going to go away and it has encouraged several other parties to start agitating harder. You cannot have 200 states in the country --- the overhead is too much to bear. The pro-Telangana folks will start agitating again and precipitate another crisis. The JAC has too varied views to come to a consensus --- I hope they do, but, I am not confident that they will. I think a national policy on state-hood is needed based on certain criteria such as minimum size of each entity, sharing of resources, inclusion of major cities in different regions, etc. to quell the other copycats that will arise if Telengana is successfully created. Make no mistake, I am more for Telengana and people's right to choose their government, but, a reasonable system should be set up. The current solution is just a band-aid. I hope it cures the sore in this case to avoid more turmoil.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

prasen9 wrote:You cannot have 200 states in the country ---
This democracy business is over hyped and far too much trouble. Freedom of expression has clearly gone to everyones head. Let's go back to having the princely states and while we are at it let's bring back zamindari so I can go back to India and put my feet up and have everything done for me! :p