Doc's Near Death Experience

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Doc's Near Death Experience

Post by ajay »

sanjay5goel wrote: The Vedanta-sutra begins athato brahma jijnasa. The word brahma-jijnasa refers to inquiry into the Supreme Absolute Truth, and it is recommended for those who have been elevated from the lower stage of addiction to the karma-kanda portion of the Vedas to the position of interest in the jnana-kanda portion.

In other words how many are asking the question - Who am I? What am I doing here? Why am I forced to suffer - diseases, old age, death etc? Who is forcing these sufferings on me??

Sanjay
My answer to the last question is "NO ONE"
Based on my limited knowledge and experience, I understand the need to ask questions
Who am I? What am I doing here?
This is probably part of inquiry into the "Supreme Absolute Truth." But I really wonder what is suffering. Suffering is probably the result of not coming to terms with reality or truth. Everyone has desires, however not all desires will be fulfilled. And that becomes the cause of suffering. I've a desire that I always remain young. Then growing old is suffering. However, if I accept the truth then I've removed the cause of this suffering.
Well, I really don't want to get in this discussion, and I don't consider myself qualified enough to preach others. But whenever some one says that he/she is sad or he/she is suffering (and that happens so often), I feel like telling them it is your own problem of looking at life in certain way. Look into yourself and accept the reality so that you can move forward. I.e. take appropriate actions either to redress or limit the cause of suffering if possible, or just accept it. If you are sick, take action to cure it, and if there is no cure, the only way is to just accept the reality. It may not be easy at all, and I'm not saying that I don't feel sad. But accepting the reality is the only way to make peace with yourself. And probably that is the time to ponder - Who am I? And not "What am I doing here?" but "What is my role or duty?"
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Boy, there is a lot of existential angst here! A sure sign that one is getting old and/or has too much time on one's hands when such navel gazing starts!

One only has to remember that famous line in the Bhagwat Gita. When Arjuna starts losing hope, Krishna tells him "Relax, man! Have a Charminar!" OK, just kidding, don't start throwing things at me! Relax, have a Charminar! :p
mugu
Authors
Authors

Post by mugu »

I hardly ever come in here. Jay told me on another thread today about the sad news. Of course I feel rather silly not to have known about this for so long. Bhushan was one of the Forum members who encouraged me early on to post topics and join a variety of discussions regarding Indian sports. We agreed on a majority of points; he had this knack of understanding what was going on in your mind, sitting thousands of miles away. Of course his views would be valued forever just as his expertise on medical matters was illuminating. I know all of us miss him. I haven't recovered from the shock to be able to read through all the posts on this thread in detail. I will do that in due course. May his Soul Rest In Peace.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I find Jay debating long and hard whether JIC is trying to sneak in and peddle an ad for a product. Will those infamous lines stay or will they be edited out? Methinks it depends upon how much money JIC got from Charminar. Jay is in the midst of a thorough investigation to find out the answer. The suspense is killing me. Will he or won't he? Time for Jay to lay his cards down.

--pm

p.s. This thread makes me so sad that I am trying to cheer things (myself?) up with some lame humor :-) The good doc always patronized my very infrequent attempts at mimicking the master by creating top-10 list posts. How I miss them (his lists and posts). Sigh!
Yajaman

Post by Yajaman »

I'm sorry, I have missed this one completely. Dr. Bhushan shall be missed a lot. He used to be in touch with me through PM and we did discuss many things about Indian Tennis. He was probably the most experienced in this forum. My deepest condolences to his family.

May his soul rest in peace and I'm sure he is still following Indian sports / Tennis....

Sunil
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Apr 19th will be Doc's 1st death anniversary. He touched the lives of so many in this forum and he still lives in our heart. This forum has not been the same after his departure. Can't forget those days last year when every day I and many others in this forum were hoping and waiting to see Doc come back and write in this thread once again. However, that never happened as he lost the last battle of his life after a brave fight.

Unfortunately, by sheer coincidence, I'm in midst of reliving those days once again as there is another person, a young Indian (in mid 30s) in my town and ex-colleague of my wife, who is fighting a grim battle for survival after he had an aneurysm rupture in his brain earlier this month. The whole Indian community in this town is praying for him to come out of deep coma after an extensive damage to his brain due to aneurysm rupture and the following brain surgery. The fight goes on.
Indian

Post by Indian »

RIP Dr. Sharma

I only saw this news today, and I am in complete shock to see the news. In all these years of me being away,
I always expected me to be back PMing with 'BSharma' one day. Alas, this was not to be. I remember his nice touch
through the posts and PMs when I was very active on the forum. He even extended me an open invite once, asking me
to visit him if I was ever near his area.

You will be missed!
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

In addition to floating above their bodies, people often describe moving down a dark tunnel toward a bright light, feeling intense peace and joy, reviewing life events and seeing long-deceased relatives—only to be told that it's not time yet and land abruptly back in an ailing body.
Seeking Proof in Near-Death Claims
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

I was watching Netflix series 'Northern Rescue' and one of the last episodes reminded me of this thread of Dr Sharma's narration of near death experience and that this is not your time yet. I wish Dr Sharma had overcome his battle.

Its been 11 1/2 years since Doc's death and nice to see some of the old users still being active. I joined this forum when I was in school with the WTA Hyd open in my backyard, trying to read up more about the tourney / the players and so on. I am into my 30s now and hopefully most of us will still be around a couple of decades down the line to rewind some of these memories again.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

^^ We still miss the good doc, after all these years. And hopefully we will all be here (at least in spirit/soul) decades from now too.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

:-(
suresh

Post by suresh »

Yes. :-(
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Just went through some of his top 10 lists - we all miss the good doc. :-(
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Wow!! After 10 years Dr. Bhushan Sharma's thread wakes up again! Hard to believe that it has been that long! And I didn't realize that he hadn't even reached 60 years of age. Great memories of his gentle, articulate, well-considered, well-informed, insightful posts.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Yes, all of us still remember the Doc and hit witty posts and top 10 lists. Cannot belive it is almost 12 years now since he left us.

Good that many of us who were there posting on the forum are still very much there. Good to see you back, JIC. Kumar is another old timer who has returned to the forum recently. Hope some of the old timers also come back here and post something like Sandeep, Ajay, gvhgh and others. Verma has not posted in a while too. Hope they are ok.