Doc's Near Death Experience

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Doc's Near Death Experience

Post by PKBasu »

Thanks for taking the trouble, Verma. It is marvellous to know Bhushan is recovering well from the arduous surgery. His spirit and verve amid all the physical suffering is an inspiration to us all. We look forward to having you back posting regularly all over the forum soon, Bhushan! Get well quickly!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Thanks Varma for the news. Get well fast and get back here with a top-10 list soon ... Jay
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Hope you are doing well Doc! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

kujo
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

No news about Doc!? Can someone again call and find about his health. Verma, can you please once again find out?
kuma.lk

Post by kuma.lk »

near-death experience phenomenon reported by some people who have been clinically dead, then returned to life. Descriptions of the experience differ slightly in detail from person to person, but usually share some basic elements: a feeling of being outside one's body, a sensation of sliding down a long tunnel, and the appearance of a bright light at the end of that tunnel. The light is sometimes described as a benevolent "being of light" who directs the person in a review of his or her life so far and ultimately prevents the person from crossing some sort of boundary that signifies death. Most people who have had a near-death experience report that it strongly influences their subsequent lives, relieving anxiety about death and increasing their sense of purpose and their sensitivity to others.

Research into the near-death experience was pioneered by Raymond Moody, who published Life After Life in 1975 after studying 150 people who had had such experiences. He and other scientists, such as cardiologist Michael Sabom, found that possible physiological and psychological causes for the phenomenon, including lack of oxygen to the brain, the influence of anesthetics, disruptions in neurotransmitter release, and prior expectations, could not sufficiently account for the experiences these people described. Their findings and a belief in a spiritual explanation for the phenomenon have been supported by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross , who pioneered the study of death and dying in the United States beginning in the late 1960s.

Near-death experience is an emotional issue, believed to be a profound spiritual experience by some and criticized as wish fulfillment by others. Many skeptical scientists believe that it is a simple physiological event misconstrued by people who have a compelling psychological need or who are comforted by interpreting the experience in terms of their religious or spiritual beliefs.
Varma

Post by Varma »

I called Dr.Sharma's office today. They told me that he is still recovering in the hospital and is expected to go home in a few more days.

- Varma
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Varma for updating on Doc uncle's health .. Good to hear about his recovery.

Jaydeep
suresh

Post by suresh »

Thanks Varma for the info. I can't wait for Bhushan's return.

Suresh
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Yes, we are missing his knowledge, humor, and humanity. Hope to see him here soon!
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

This is Dr. Sharma's wife and he has been in the ICU for more than one month. He will need another heart surgery in 2 to 3 weeks time.We may give some updates as things change.

Thanks for all your prayers and care.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Doc, hang in there .. Hang in there. Hear us calling. You will be back here soon, we know. Jay
suresh

Post by suresh »

Yes, we are waiting for your return. Get well soon Bhushan.

Suresh
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

My goodness, I missed all this entirely!!! I have been away from the forum for most of this year. Once in a while I have logged in to check on what is going on with some of our tennis players. But that's it. But even with my limited involvement with the forum, I sensed Dr. Sharma's absence. Never would I have expected that it was due to health reasons. I did not see this thread until now and I almost fell out of my chair. Shocking & scary, given that Dr. Sharma seemed to be in good health, was active, in good humor (hence no major stress in his life) etc. It's great that he has a caring wife and access to excellent medical care. Best wishes, Doc. And I, for one, am most interested in learning more about the silver door in the dark sky. So do comeback and continue to give us your wisdom, your humor, your humble thoughtfulness and your Top 10 lists. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a long, healthy, happy life! :clap:
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

arjun2761 wrote:Best of luck on your surgery! When you check back into the forum in a week or so, Somdev's India would have crushed Tpe in tennis and Dhoni's India would have reminded the Kiwis why they are named after a fruit!!!

I am eagerly awaiting Bhusanji's return to health and active posting status. Somdev and Dhoni have done their part and I am fully confident Bhusanji will do his part as well...
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

To be in the ICU for one month is very painful. Very sad to see our own Bushanji who made sure this forum is alive with his humour go through these difficulties. Get well soon Bsharma, we are missing you