Doc's Near Death Experience

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Doc's Near Death Experience

Post by suresh »

I do miss Doc. After his near death experience, I was planning on visiting him when I visited the US. But that didn't happen. Ajay is okay -- I see his runs/walks occasionally on Runkeeper. Jay might be able to update us on Verma as they live near to each other.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I feel fortunate to have known Dr.Bhushan Sharma and talked with him few times! We really lost a towering figure! Still remember the conversation we had about vaccines and his belief in them
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

ajay wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:30 am
sanjay5goel wrote: The Vedanta-sutra begins athato brahma jijnasa. The word brahma-jijnasa refers to inquiry into the Supreme Absolute Truth, and it is recommended for those who have been elevated from the lower stage of addiction to the karma-kanda portion of the Vedas to the position of interest in the jnana-kanda portion.

In other words how many are asking the question - Who am I? What am I doing here? Why am I forced to suffer - diseases, old age, death etc? Who is forcing these sufferings on me??

Sanjay
My answer to the last question is "NO ONE"
Absolutely agree. Nobody has the time in the world to really care about me. I am insignificant. Maybe I believe in people largely being good. If someone is keeping track and forcing suffering, diseases, old age, etc., then they are pure evil. Anyway, even if they are pure evil, they can, should and possibly use their time for other better things and poking at my wellness. Not that I think there exists someone who is doing so.