Terror attacks in Mumbai

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Terror attacks in Mumbai

Post by PKBasu »

Remarkably clear-thinking piece on how we must treat Pakistan:

http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/dec/10 ... kistan.htm

If only our policy-makers were able to think and act in this clear-sighted manner...
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

I am amazed that a country of a billion is required even to furnish proof. If one-sixth of humanity says that the terrorist state of Pakistan is the root cause of global terrorism -- it is factual. Let us not fall into the trap of providing proof to the culprits.
Or, as Stephen Colbert says "Wikiality".

The same author also wrote another piece 12 steps to shock-and-awe Pakistan's economy that you might be interested in PKB.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I agree with the broad thesis -- that India needs to stop romanticising Pakistan, and deal dispassionately with the challenge that the Pak Army establishment and its terror factories represent -- but not necessarily with all the actions he proposes. (Trying to counterfeit Pak currency is one that is a step too far!).
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

While these recent attacks, perpertrated by pure cowards, are outrageous (and they manifested a lot of heat, light and sound) future attacks could be even more diabolical if India does not get its act together. When these gutless swine get their hands on and knowhow in biological, chemical and nuclear weapons, the results could be less noisy but more deadly. India could rant at Pakistan all it wants. But bottom line is that India needs to focus on what is within its control and do everything possible in their control to prevent any further attacks. This means:
(a) rallying support from other nations and placing crushing pressure on Pakistan
(b) top notch on-the-ground intelligence
(c) rock solid border security - land, sea and air
(d) an organization / agency exclusively focused on counter-terrorism
(e) a publicity campaign in international media (which is being done anyway)
(f) Indians holding their politicians accountable
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

No Islamic burial for Mumbai terrorists
Colonel Anil Athale makes a valid suggestion in that article.
It is believed that the lone terrorist in police custody is proving to be resistant to interrogation. It is futile to expect a fanatic to break down. In fact, the biggest problem we face is the 'suicide attacker' who is not afraid of death. He is convinced that in the afterlife he will go to heaven. But here it should be possible to turn his own fanaticism against him. While the jihadi is not afraid of dying, he is fearful of not getting a proper Islamic burial. He is conditioned to believe that should that happen then he will not go to heaven.

This gives us the golden opportunity to get to the mind of the captured terrorist. By demonstrating that the nine of his colleagues are denied a burial he can be pressured to tell all that he knows by merely promising him a decent burial should he come clean with all the information.

By publicly denying a burial to the killed terrorists, with enough publicity worldwide, we can hopefully make a dent in the brainwashing of the would-be suicide bombers that since they are not assured of an Islamic burial they will not go to heaven. Maybe, just maybe, that may dissuade some of them to desist from carrying out suicide missions.
Especially if their bodies are reduced to ashes and /or beheaded before the funeral? I am not entirely sure.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Impressively quick rebuilding of the Taj Hotel. I expected it to take 6 months. Instead, three weeks after the attacks by the spineless cowards, it seems to have been restored to its old glory for the most part and is welcoming guests. The good guys won this battle, with a lot of casualties. But the war continues against those that are impotent, jealous, cynical, angry, hateful, cowardly, destructive, and stupid.
ovuon

Post by ovuon »

I agree with you Jai..i not understand why people want attacks people who they not know anything. They only want kill and revenge for their satisfied and self-interest. Its crazy..! And i think many attacks come from Pakistan, Afghanistan which have fanatic religion.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

I guess this would be the thread where this news item goes. About the Maharsastra commandos being inducted.

Force One Can't Stand the Sun

It is a weird story. Certainly I do not want to speak ill of a commando force of young men, but what the heck happened here? If four guys fainted while standing for 2 hours in the sun, what exactly is going on there... I mean quite a lot of ordinary people can stand for a couple of hours and not have a problem.. Something is odd.

Jay
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

A bit unsettling to read this...
Almost all the political officials who resigned as a result of the attacks either are back in their old jobs or have been promoted. No senior members of the police force were fired or reprimanded
India’s Guard Is Up, but Weaknesses Remain
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Media in Mumbai & India in the last few days is talking all about 26/11 on the eve of first aniversery of the terror attack but the ground reality on the security situation in India does not seems any different.

In fact, India would have been close to another attack based on the nabbed terror suspect David Headley & his revelation to FBI . I am sure most of you must have read about Headley but this is the detailed account about him & his planning for another terror attack in Mumbai-

Doosra Daood (Headley)
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Sunil Yajaman posted the following entry in his blog. He writes about his experience in Islamabad during the 26/11 attacks. I recall a few of the members criticised him for talking favorably about Pakistani people during that time. Hopefully you all change your mind after reading this...

I am posting this with his permission.
My feelings
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Has anyone seen Fareed Zakaria's "Terror in Mumbai" documentary on CNN? It is a must watch if you haven't seen it. There is amazing footage from the hotel and the VT station cameras. It is so sad to see these terrorists being completely brainwashed into conducting this operation. These "kids" were completely clueless and were following instructions from some "commander" based in Pakistan. Really sad!

http://www.allthingscnn.com/2009/11/far ... umbai.html
riva

Post by riva »

Yeah said, so much said..........

Nice Foru
riva