Google Chrome

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Google Chrome

Post by VReddy »

Anybody using it?

I found it to be incredibly fast compared to Firefox on my slow internet connection. Another good feature being it gives you the option of killing a particular tab instead of the whole window when the browser hangs up (which it often does here).

Few articles on its amazing speed

1) Chrome beats Firefox & IE - CNET

2) Chrome is insanely faster than Firefox - ZDNet

How has your experience been?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Google Chrome

Post by Sandeep »

I have downloaded it just today and started using it. It is incredibly fast! May be people in USA might not feel the difference but in India it sure is helping.

I also like the thumbnails of the most frequently visited pages on the homescreen of chrome. The browser is integrated with google search and can show you the right website in a minute even if you mistype it. Very user friendly. It will take the world by storm. Bye Bye IE
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Hey, the new version of IE is supposed to have all these features and more (I just read an article on it, didn't get to beta test it).
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Some of us who resist change unless absolutely needed, will once again luck out I guess .. I often manage to jump some steps because of that attitude .. I never moved to firefox, as I was never convinced it was better enough for me to bother (yeah, I guess it was better than IE but not the unbelievable advance that everybody was saying it was) ..

Perhaps I will consider moving to Chrome then ... but will still wait a bit more :)

Jay
Peter

Post by Peter »

i downloaded Chrome yesterday. My experience has been largely positive. The pages load noticeably faster (even on broadband cable) and it presents a clean chic user interface that is a google trademark. It did crash a few times (especially while playing video), but holds enough promise to overlook the flaws. This is my primary browser now, with Firefox as backup. Gave up on IE many moons ago. Never bothered to test out Opera or Safari.

i will go out on a limb and predict that Chrome is a paradigm shift in computing, similar to what the desktop PC was. It is going to be an integral part of Android. i can even foresee standalone devices that simply run Chrome. Cloud computing has become a reality.

Go Google!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote:Some of us who resist change unless absolutely needed, will once again luck out I guess ..
Jay, by not moving to Firefox, you missed the ease of use provided by tabs. I suppose IE then copied it in. I never moved to IE because I was using Netscape and then moved to Firefox. Now, I will try Chrome, because, I am tired of the slow loading of Firefox and I really hate IE (maybe some of it because of my anti-Microsoft bias).

What Cloud Computing features have they included there? I will have to check that out.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well, by the time I thought of moving to Firefox, IE already had tabbed browsing - so again, I didn't bother. No big deal. In fact it was probably added very soon after Firefox came out.

Jay
Peter

Post by Peter »

Prasen, i may have used the term "Cloud Computing" loosely. Was thinking about Software as a service (SaaS) which has been a Google mantra for a while now.

Come to think about it, almost everything you do on a computer can be done from a browser now. So it is goodbye to shrink-wrapped software and desktop installs.

They must be having panic meetings in Redmond. i can just imagine the bewildered look on Ballmer's face now :D
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

The enemy for IE is its own popularity. Many people creating viruses and spyware are targetting it becasue almost everyone uses it! Otherwise I think it is much better than firefox in every sense. Firefox IMO is very very slow to laod. I was never satisfied with it but had to use because of security issues.

Google should be careful about that. With increasing popularity all evil eyes will be on chrome. I really liked the feel, look, speed etc etc everything about chrome. It is for sure an instantaneous hot and much better than any browser avaialable. I only hope that the security issues will be take care of.

Jay, please download chrome immediately. It is awesome
suresh

Post by suresh »

I read somewhere that the EULA (user's agreement) for Chrome requires users to transfer all IPR while using the browser! So all posts made by us using Chrome in this forum is Google's property :kookoo:

Tap the HIve's take on the EULA

Edit:
It appears that Google is planning on reworking the EULA. I have downloaded Chrome on the only Windows machine that I have access to and like the multi-threading aspect of it. They have also borrowed ideas from other browsers such as Opera.
Peter

Post by Peter »

"The desktop is dying. Long live the browser."

More here
bhagatghavri

Post by bhagatghavri »

I am using Google Chrome for last 2 year. It is the world wide popular and fast browser. Its downloading speed is very high than other browsers. It is user friendly also.