10 indian sports persons i dislike. what's yours?

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
nballa
Please enter the middle number: 1

10 indian sports persons i dislike. what's yours?

Post by nballa »

10 indian sports persons i dislike

sania mirza - a media created monstrous hype, with little or no game this decent looking tennis player is now a pin-up     girl who  symbolizes the modern indian female and i hate her for it.

narain karthikeyan -  his sponsors spent over ten crores on this go-karter who cannot drive even if his life depended on it.  had a fall out with his boss and failed to make it to the next season.

kapil dev - his crying antics on national TV, land scams and
            turning his back on his employers helped this haryanvi to make my list.

mahendra singh dhoni - almost makes me not want to watch cricket while he bats. with a god-aweful technique and hair
                       this indian wicketkeeper is the epitome of gracelessness on field.
                       his claims of drinking 10 litres of milk a day is not helping either.

yuvraj singh - i would rather see india lose than see this dope score. with all his sliding and clapping and diving when there is no need   this guy gives an illusion that he is the most active fielder on display. behaves like he owns indian cricket. not welcome to vizag anytime soon.

zaheer khan - another out of shape cricketer who talks more than actually perform, his antics of talking to the batsman after every ball gets quite annoying even to the viewer.
              his brandishing of his bat at petersen was idiotic and classless.
              too bad he got him out a couple of times too.

sachin tendulkar - a selfish cricketer the likes of which we will not see in a long time,
                  in his quest to extend his career he has cost india plenty of runs and countless victories.
                   cant score, cant field, cant bowl. his ferrari scam was a shame to the indian government.

leander paes - his shouts of come-on(i'd rather watch hewitt do it), chest pounding and
               talk of patriotism do not hide the fact that this guy cannot play. his fallout with mahesh bhupati was a national shame.

jaspal rana -  i dislike shooting. this got lucky with a silver medal, took home his crores and lands and havent heard from him ever since.

the indian hockey/football team - need i say more. the epitome of inadaptability. i promise you im not watching the movie chak-de-india.

10 indian sports persons i like

mohammad azaruddin - he fixed matches big deal. his 5 cosecutive fours against klusener made my day like no other. 

sourav ganguly 

gopi chand

vvs laxman

karanam malleswari

venkatapathy raju

y venugopala rao

vikash dhorasooo

ck nayudu

can you pick the odd one out in the sports persons i like
Last edited by nballa on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shibi

Re: 10 indian sports persons i hate. what's yours?

Post by shibi »

Saurav? So you like non-gultis too!
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

:rofl: I don't know whether to laugh or cry or sit here in astonishment. Some amazing personal biases expressed. I get the feeling you haven't cottoned onto the humour element of the top 10. Thanks for trying though I feel others might be a bit more harsh.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

pin-up girl who symbolizes the modern indian female and i hate her for it.
Huh? ... Trying hard to figure out whether it is the modernity that is hated .. Or whether the symblism is hated .. Or if the pin-up status is the problem .. Or that it is the pin-up status  is symblizing something wrongly .. Or is it that she is modern .. Or is it that she is Indian .. Or if he just hates indian females altogether ..  Oh what a profound line, pregnant with so many subtle and potent hints of ideas that span such a wide spectrum of possible hatred.

NBalla is a glutton for punishment, for sure.

[Incidentally, I did like his list of "liked" people, and except for Sania, I could see his complaints on many of the people in his hate list.  I did not find myself horrified at that list, either.]

Jay
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

I like your "like" list :)
Kapil however is my all time favorite.
nballa

Post by nballa »

jayakris wrote:
pin-up girl who symbolizes the modern indian female and i hate her for it.
Huh? ... Trying hard to figure out whether it is the modernity that is hated .. Or whether the symblism is hated .. Or if the pin-up status is the problem .. Or that it is the pin-up status  is symblizing something wrongly .. Or is it that she is modern .. Or is it that she is Indian .. Or if he just hates indian females altogether ..  Oh what a profound line, pregnant with so many subtle and potent hints of ideas that span such a wide spectrum of possible hatred.

NBalla is a glutton for punishment, for sure.

[Incidentally, I did like his list of "liked" people, and except for Sania, I could see his complaints on many of the people in his hate list.  I did not find myself horrified at that list, either.]

Jay
you missed the part where i said brand sania was media created and the little or no game.
i should have also pointed out towards her phony press conferences, t-shirts with terrible quotes etc etc.
puneets

Post by puneets »

Saurav? So you like non-gultis too!
:d
that was funny.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

That's a lot of energy spent on what you hate!!  How do you live like that?  :D
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

:rofl: ... Good try Nballa :devil: ... :rofl:
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Can somebody educate me about this Venugopal Rao dude.  Is it somebody who doeshave some "winner" intangibles that Indian cricket establishment is clueless in recognizing?

I am intrigued (perhaps I give NBalla too much credit :) ) ..

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

nballa wrote:

mohammad azaruddin - he fixed matches big deal. his 5 cosecutive fours against klusener made my day like no other. 

sourav ganguly 

gopi chand

vvs laxman

karanam malleswari

venkatapathy raju

y venugopala rao

vikash dhorasooo

ck nayudu

NBalla,

You have put only nine names and left out the one person from north of the Indian "Mason-Dixie line" that you really like -- a table tennis player from Lucknow.  :wink:
nballa

Post by nballa »

jayakris wrote: Can somebody educate me about this Venugopal Rao dude.  Is it somebody who doeshave some "winner" intangibles that Indian cricket establishment is clueless in recognizing?

I am intrigued (perhaps I give NBalla too much credit :) ) ..

Jay
he once took a catch running alongiside the boundary line inches off the rope to dismiss a paki bloke.
--nballa
nballa

Post by nballa »

BSharma wrote:
nballa wrote:

sourav ganguly 

gopi chand

vvs laxman

karanam malleswari

venkatapathy raju

y venugopala rao

vikash dhorasooo

ck nayudu

NBalla,

You have put only nine names and left out the one person from north of the Indian "Mason-Dixie line" that you really like -- a table tennis player from Lucknow.  :wink:
oops
add ml jaisimha to the list
never really liked table tennis, the squealing noises the player's shoes make while moving around makes my hair stand up.
nballa

Post by nballa »

jai_in_canada wrote: That's a lot of energy spent on what you hate!!  How do you live like that?   :D

its not easy.
anyways its a personal list, no offense if your player is in it.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

nballa wrote: oops
add ml jaisimha to the list
never really liked table tennis, the squealing noises the player's shoes make while moving around makes my hair stand up.
I knew it…I knew it…I knew it.  I had told my coach to let me play table-tennis barefoot so that the squealing noises from Gopichand’s shoes while playing badminton next door to me would not be mistaken by Naveen Balla as coming from my shoes, and many years later my hunch turns out to be true and I find myself NOT in the list of ten players that Naveen likes.  :wink: My only chance of achieving glory is gone because of a darned squealing shoe of Gopichand.  :damn:    :D