Interesting thing I found....

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gvhvhg »

I just came across this page, which seems to be entirely quoted from our forum (PKB or Bhushan...Im not sure which)

There is even a mention of gvhvhg in there...which left me :kookoo: until I figured out what this was...

Link

Please don't paste long links. It messes up the formatting on the whole page - Samarth
Last edited by gvhvhg on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

why is there gvhvhg? I still didn't understand! But this is funny.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

That long post quoted by some Chinese was written by me and is located somewhere in the discussion forum at Sports-India. I wrote that piece to express my displeasure that we at SI were giving too much attention to Na Li, and that Chinese care only about themselves and not about anyone else. The mention of gvhvhg is about Ashish. I wonder if the Chinese are still trying to figure out what the code "gvhvhg" stands for. :devil: :D

I believe that the Chinese also quoted Jay (?PKB). Why is this Chinese dude so infatuated with Sports-India?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well the thing started with that commet I made about the Diane Pucin article, as the Chinese guy quotes. I was really pissed that she had sat doiwn for an interview of Sania, and gave no impression that she was going to write on Asians. Then I see Sania and Na Li mentioned in one article and I was just not happy.

But what the Chinese guy says is abolutely spot on --
Seems to me, some Indians cannot stand seeing China's success, in sports or economics.
While chinese are mostly apathetic toward indians, indians never stop comparing India to china. Personally, I think they should really set a higher goal for their country.
That is definitely correct. The Chinese hardly spend a minute thinking of India (or about attacking us, or staying ahead of us economically or any of those things) .. We are certainly obsessed with China, because every item of success China has seems to be some sort of an indication to us that we have not done our work right. After all we are a country with comparable population and were somewhat similar in overall economic indicators some 5-6 decades back ...

It is sort of like the obsession Pakistan has with us.

That is precisely why I have time and again said Indians should view Pakistan differently and take Pakistan for just another country out there next to us (not ready to compete with us in an overall sense, and really not going to do it for a long time; probably never). Start thinkintg bigger about ourselves. Like China thinks.

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I agree with Jay that Indians must set their own course and not sweat about the Chinese, Pakistanis, or some other nationality. One has to be aware of the competition, but brooding too much about the competitor does not take anyone to the top.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Good points Jay...
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

jayakris wrote: But what the Chinese guy says is abolutely spot on --
This post shows how innocent indians are about that nation of lizards.
That is definitely correct. The Chinese hardly spend a minute thinking of India (or about attacking us, or staying ahead of us economically or any of those things) ..

Absolutely wrong. You are 100 % wrong here.I dont understand at all how guys like you can come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

Chinese foreign & economic policy in asia is completely based on anti-India feelings.
Just look how they are feeding Puki and Beedi keedas.Their overt and covert attempts to befriend Myanmar , srilanka .

You should know that their love for Communism was just a facade for chinese supremacy.
The vietnamese knew that AND the Koreans didnt. ANd thats why they are still suffering.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

So the Chinese people has some kinda spy in here eh!! Trying to figure out whats going on here.

Haha they think we always compete with them. kinda yes and kinda know.

kinda yes cause we try to get better in sports as China has done and we know we can do that good.

No cause we never want better communist government or want Tibet like they want AKsai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh.

we are already better in many things like more outsourcing here and better IT things here.

but we gotta take care. some news like Bangalore going down scares me cause IT is our main strenght.

We are still lucky cause in another Indian forum i go to has quite a few Chinese who always tries to mess up their forum.
THey always post nonsense about India.

I think that there are lots of people who can easily counter them and help make that forum better.

if you want i can give you the link but this won't harm sports-india. cause i am as frequent a visitor as i was and this is still my first preference.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Jimmy - stop saying things based on what you THINK I am saying. Try to read a little more, and also see if you know of other things I have said, before making comments like I am "innocent" in reading about the Chinese.

I did not say that Chinese government does not think about India (I said "The Chinese" which is the givernment AND the people together). Anyway, of course they do want to make sure of India not being a problem for them. They do that in the case of USA, Japan, Korea, etc and pretty much anybody for that matter. They will continue to do that too. But they are not India-centric at all, like some Indians seem to think.
jimmy wrote:Chinese foreign & economic policy in asia is completely based on anti-India feelings.
Huh?? .. I hope you don't mean that their foreign-policy is India-centric! .. It isn't. If you are saying that their policy TOWARDS India is anti-India. Whoever disagrees with you on that anyway? .. Of course they are anti-India when it comes to India, just like we should be anti-any-other-country when it comes to foreign policy with that country (because the world is always for themselves and naturally not pro-the-other-country). China thinks of ONLY their own benefits, and that is how Indian governments should be thinking too.

About communism being a facade for Chinese supremacy and all that, I don't know. That is not the subject of the discussion anyway. It is a facade for a a class "system" by some who control that country to keep power, for sure. As for the Chinese supremacy part, yeah, they quite well may have such ideas, but the time has passed for any country to try to talk of "supremacy" and all. The time is for any country to just do what it takes to beat other countries for their own peoples' (or ruling class's) benefit. China does that to the hilt.

The Chinese' doing things with cut-throat pragmatism gets taken as something else by many Indians. If that pragmatism involves befriending our enemies when it comes to India, they would do that. Nothing personal in it towards any particular country - that is my point.

Jay
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

jayakris wrote:Jimmy - stop saying things based on what you THINK I am saying. Try to read a little more, and also see if you know of other things I have said, before making comments like I am "innocent" in reading about the Chinese.
Jayakris,
let me quote your words again.
That is definitely correct. The Chinese hardly spend a minute thinking of India (or about attacking us, or staying ahead of us economically or any of those things) ..
Your whole point of that post was that while India was being obssessive about china , china do not take India even as a good competitor.
ANd i said this is completely untrue as it can be seen from every chinese action(foreign,economic & almost all other fields..).
I did not say that Chinese government does not think about India (I said "The Chinese" which is the givernment AND the people together). Anyway, of course they do want to make sure of India not being a problem for them. They do that in the case of USA, Japan, Korea, etc and pretty much anybody for that matter. They will continue to do that too. But they are not India-centric at all, like some Indians seem to think.
Now if that is the line of your thinking , Then can u pls say HOW INDIANS are being china-specific?

About communism being a facade for Chinese supremacy and all that, I don't know. That is not the subject of the discussion anyway. It is a facade for a a class "system" by some who control that country to keep power, for sure. As for the Chinese supremacy part, yeah, they quite well may have such ideas, but the time has passed for any country to try to talk of "supremacy" and all. .......

Jay
The world remains pretty much the same as it always has been. The supermacist ideas are still part and parcel of every nation's thought.And I think it will not be a good idea to appreciate that brutal (pragmatic ,according to you) nation.
gbelday

Re: Interesting thing I found....

Post by gbelday »

Don't know where else to put this.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it's official :(

Leading astronomers have declared that Pluto is no longer a planet, approving new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. The International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/2 ... index.html
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Pluto is no longer a planet!!!

What will my children do when they have to recite the planets in order?  :wink:

"My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas".
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.
puneets

Post by puneets »

In our school days, we used to have
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets"
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

The new way to remember the planets will be:

"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nothing."

OR

My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nimbupani (lemonade), or Namkeen (snacks), or Naans (Indian bread).

:Offtopic:
meyyis

Post by meyyis »

Don't where to put it...

Indian Web sites to finally get govt accreditation

Is it only for news sites like Rediff, India times etc or it encompasses a wider net as well??