This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

7.6 Earthquake

Post by Sandeep »

May be what he said is true but it is highly impossible for a common man to observe all those phenomenons he mentioned!
puneets
Please enter the middle number: 1

7.6 Earthquake

Post by puneets »

puneets

7.6 Earthquake

Post by puneets »

HT reports
Though the first two days after a disaster are the most crucial for relief, the Pakistan army did not begin any real relief work till two days after the October 8 earthquake. This, government sources say, was because it was busy moving troops to the LoC as — strangely — it was afraid that India might take advantage of the disaster and launch an attack.

Full article: Invasion fears delayed relief work in Pakistan
Kumar
Authors
Authors

7.6 Earthquake

Post by Kumar »

Quote from above article in Hindustan times,
Jehadi groups have taken over relief operations where the army still hasn’t reached, and India fears this will not bode well for the future. “Western journalists are saying that this could result in fresh waves of recruitment for the jehadis,” a government source pointed out. “Also, we see two long-term trends. The massive destruction will result in huge unemployment; and the absence of the government will mean madrasas will step in in a big way. Either way, the future doesn’t look good in PoK.”
Which means that future doesn't look good for Indian Kashmir!!! :( This is really bad news for both india and pakistan..
India1989

7.6 Earthquake

Post by India1989 »

Actually I think that jehadi groups are taking over relief operations in POK only. No way in Indian Kashmir.

And then this is a bad news for India. Not for Pakistan. This is what Pakistan wants. Jehadi groups are not gonna do anything harmful to Pakistan. Whatever they do will be against India.
Rajiv

7.6 Earthquake

Post by Rajiv »

the earthquake was a bad event , or for that matter any natural disastery is a sad happening ,
but the pakis are playing the aid card very well and make a big noise bypackaging it very efficiently and at this rate thier coffers will be in surplus.
gvhvhg

7.6 Earthquake

Post by gvhvhg »

Well what is going on right now in terms of Aid for this disaster is ridiculous! It is a very rural area, and the aid is not pouring in in the manner in which it did for Katrina or the Tsunami. This too, just weeks after the UN Summit in which they agreed on something along the lines of "quick and efficient humanitarian aid."

In a couple of weeks time, when it starts snowing up there, all these people who have lost their homes will freeze to death---and there is little movement right now in terms of evacuating this many people. How can they even do it?!?

Very Sad.
jimmy

7.6 Earthquake

Post by jimmy »

gvhvhg wrote:Well what is going on right now in terms of Aid for this disaster is ridiculous! It is a very rural area, and the aid is not pouring in in the manner in which it did for Katrina or the Tsunami. This too, just weeks after the UN Summit in which they agreed on something along the lines of "quick and efficient humanitarian aid."
If you think like that , then see this

pakistan's shopping list

You must understand that they are going to pay another 5 billion for the f-16s too.

In a couple of weeks time, when it starts snowing up there, all these people who have lost their homes will freeze to death---and there is little movement right now in terms of evacuating this many people. How can they even do it?!?
Very Sad.
There is no way you can blame the rest of the world for this sorry state of afairs.
This is the result of the four decades of punjabi domination in Pakistan.All the three provinces (sindh,Baluchistan and NWFP) are up in arms against pakistan army.
This is in spite of the common religious bond
gvhvhg

7.6 Earthquake

Post by gvhvhg »

Jimmy what has any of that got to do with UN member states sending in adequate aid for this disaster? You've missed my point completley...
jimmy

7.6 Earthquake

Post by jimmy »

gvhvhg wrote:Jimmy what has any of that got to do with UN member states sending in adequate aid for this disaster? You've missed my point completley...
Cant u see the relation??

on one hand , Pakistan is getting aid from the whole world on the argument that it need atleast 5 billion for the survival of the quake victims

on the other hand they are spending double that amount in defence.

now is that clear?
gvhvhg

7.6 Earthquake

Post by gvhvhg »

So that means that hundreds of thousands of innocent villagers should be left out to freeze? All I am saying is that is very sad that these people will be left out to die. Im not bringing Pakistani policy into it---I am simply stating a sad fact.

Jimmy, as a moderator and as a forum member I ask you to please leave your strong desire to argue at the door when it comes to serious issues.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

7.6 Earthquake

Post by jayakris »

jimmy - in other words, gurvinder is telling you not to assume that he disagrees with you on that matter, in general ! ..

.. I agree with what gurvinder is saying. The aid levels for this disaster has been much smaller than what was done for the tsunami (but then again the nature of the tsunami and the awe about such a rarer event caused the outpouring too, unlike earthquakes which happen with massive human losses every year or two somewhere in the world - mostly in poorer countries) ..

Whatever aid comes to Pakistan, it is clear that a lot of it will get stolen and that they are not going to cut down on the defense expenditure as long as India has a string military. But I wish some sort of non-gevernmental type support could go to these people in POKashmir, but that is not happening much either. It is indeed a very sad situation, as far as those people are concerned.

Jay
India1989

7.6 Earthquake

Post by India1989 »

India managed its earthquake thing. And as far as I knwo Pakistan got a lot of support.

and now isn't Paki a racist word. What about that. why isn't anyone warned about using the word like I was warned.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

7.6 Earthquake

Post by jayakris »

Yes, Pakistanis do not appreciate that word. I just noticed it. Edited above.

Jay
jimmy

7.6 Earthquake

Post by jimmy »

gvhvhg wrote: Jimmy, as a moderator and as a forum member I ask you to please leave your strong desire to argue at the door when it comes to serious issues.
i was just stating my explanations.

And I hope this forum is not being run like a 'commie' state, where mere opinions bring such displeasure.