Indian Movies and Bollywood

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gvhvhg »

How many of u guys watch alot of hindi films? Lately ive been in a bollwood phase, and have therefore watched alot over the past few months

just wonderin...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Not much ... Last I watched Dhoom ... THen last couple of months not a single movie ... :)
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

the last hindi movie i watched was dil chata hai... i havnt watched a hindi movie in over 2 years... who r the new stars???
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

well i mean i can only answer that once uve told me who u remember as the stars...lol...then i know who has come up since then

my favorite movies are

1 Kal ho Naa ho
2 Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (very old now i know :notworthy: 0
3 Yuva---must see it...its very unique...its not ur typical hindi film by any means

the new blockbuster is veer zara--i saw it it was pretty good but it could have been better
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

i had a video of kuch kuch hot hai...i watched it about 70 times

i wonder where that video went
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

gvhvhg wrote:3 Yuva---must see it...its very unique...its not ur typical hindi film by any means
It's "unique" because it's treatment is lifted from a spanish movie called Amores Perros (Love's a bitch) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245712/ - you know the "three stories, that converge in the end" bit ;)
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

gvhvhg wrote:the new blockbuster is veer zara--i saw it it was pretty good but it could have been better
they did an excellent job for such a pathetic and non-orignal storyline
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

oh thanx alot Red Indian---you just tarnished my view of Yuva :notworthy: :eek:
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

well actually its not the exactly the same---the synopsis of the spanish movie says
Plot Outline: A horrific car accident connects three stories, each involving characters dealing with loss, regret, and life's harsh realities, all in the name of love.
i dnt want to give too much away to those who havent watched yuva, but one was a car accident while the other was a shooting--on a bridge i might add...and the spanish one is in the name of love while yuva, as the movie title suggests is in the name of youth

mabye im just trying to keep yuva a good movie in my mind :notworthy:
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

I said the "treatment" of the movie - how it shows 3 different characters/ sub-plots in 3 diff. quarters of the movie and how it all connects in the last quarter.

I didn't say anything about the story. I'm sure more than the story you found that the presentation/ treatment of the movie was unique.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I am one of those rare Indians who will watch live sports over a Bollywood movie :kookoo: . This habit of mine drives my wife crazy but she has endured it ever since we got married. About once in two or three years the two of us will go to see a Bollywood movie. This weekend Yuva is being shown in the local movie theater and my wife has given me an ultimatum. I have no choice but to go. Is the movie worth staying awake? I can sleep with my eyes open! :wink:
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

bhushan i will always watch sports over a bollywood movie...its just that as soon as the game is over ill watch a movie :wink:

WATCH YUVA I TELL YOU...its an amazing movie....judging from what you said i presume you havent watched a hindi film in some time...well hindi films have come along way since all that dishoom dishoom of old....sry if that came out rong...im not saying your old :devil:....but the point is watch yuva or ill give you an ultimatum of my own :devil: 8-)
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

BS many many many many indians prefer live sports to bollywood moveies (im refering to youngsters mainly)
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

BS many many many many indians prefer live sports to bollywood moveies (im refering to youngsters mainly.
I guess all those Indians who like sports over Bollywood movies are members of this forum.

gvhvhg, it is impossible to ignore the ultimatum from you and my wife. Did my wife contact you to apply pressure on me? :wink:

Yes, I do like some old movies, e.g., Raj Kapoor's films, Hrishikesh Mukherjee's films.

I love Indian music a lot more than Indian movies - old and new movie songs and modern bhangra music. Can you imagine I used to play guitar in a band in India and now also play the keyboard?
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Can you imagine I used to play guitar in a band in India and now also play the keyboard?
I beleive you :roll:

I love indian music...especially bhangra too...speaking of music...its pretty good in yuva---two songs fanaa and dakka laga bukka....but im sry... the old movies are a disgrace to films in general...they are so bad!!!...one was coming on tv today called love in tokyo...awful

My impression of a 60s hindi film is some evil guy smoking a pipe and yelling "Shet Up!" and smacking a woman to the tune of horrible sound effects ....The woman will then retaliate with a "You shet up!" :devil:

tell me what you thought of yuva