Indian Movies and Bollywood

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Veer-Zaara, on the other hand, was an absolutely fabulous movie. Brilliant plot, terrific portrayals, tugging at the heart-strings with its moving theme, beautifully acted by Shahrukh, Preity and Rani (AND Amitabh/Hema) -- it had everything. My daughter and I bought the DVD during the Lunar New Year here (mid-Feb), began watching it near mid-night and couldn't stop until it finished at about 4am! Veer's last lines in the court-room were truly wonderful.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

PKBASU, you like veer-zaara? I thought it was ok, nothting great. It was like DDLJ revisited with matured caharcters.

SWADES was crap. I hated that movie. When will our people stop making movies for oscars?
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Veer-Zaara, on the other hand, was an absolutely fabulous movie
I agree - one of the hindi best movies I've seen in a long time. I think after Devdas, I didn't really enjoy a Hindi movie till I saw Veer-Zaara - the music is fabulous!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Just now watched movie SOCHA NA THA. Good movie. I liked it. Hero in Ayesha Takia was extremely good both acting wise and she is good looking also. Her o wan't that good but he too acted well. He is brother of sunny and bobby deol. A good movie. There is hidden comedy in each and every part of movie. I wnjoyed it a lot. \

Though not an extraordinary movie, It is one of the best HIndi movies I have watched this year.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

I saw Page 3 yesterday - thought it was a very good movie - hard hitting view at the lives of rich and famous.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

Bollywood actor Shakti Kapoor on Monday came under attack for his purported remark that Bollywood personalities were indulging in “casting couch” even as an apex body of film and television producers suggested a ban on him. The Film and TV Producer’s Guild of India described Kapoor’s remarks in a sting operation by a television cha-nnel as “completely irresponsible, slanderous and misch-evous” and advised its members not to engage him in any of their projects.

He had named Bollywood personalities including Subhash Ghai and late Yash Johar as indulging in casting-couch. In the operation, Kapoor purportedly asked sexual favours from a woman. Kapoor had said that the tape shown by the television channel had been doctored. “The channel has only played what I said and not what the girl (in the sting operation) spoke of or the provocative gestures that she made.”

His remarks evoked sharp reactions from the industry with some denouncing it and others saying the entire industry should not be blamed for the acts of some persons. In a statement here, film director Subhash Ghai said “these kinds of insane people with such shameful acts, do survive in every segment of the society including cinema. It is very sad that people like Shakti Kapoor project our industry and seniors in such a bad light. I am sure our associations will take action against such acts.”

Actress Preity Zinta, who also had been named by Kapoor, said “this comment is made in a very poor taste. He is truly a real life villain and deserves to be banned from our film industry.” Director Mahesh Bhatt said blaming the entire industry as indulging in casting couch is not correct. “I would be naive if I say there was no casting couch. However, the truth also is that the major bulk of the industry does not indulge in it,” he said. The director also opposed sting operations aimed at “catching eyeballs” and boosting trp ratings.

Condemning the way the sting operation was conducted, director Sawant Kumar Tak said, “Had the actor been caught luring an innocent victim, it was understandable. But having a journalist pose and enact a drama is different. It appears to have been staged to trap him.” “It is unfair on part of the media to blame the industry. A sensible director would not indulge in this because he cannot afford to put his entire career, reputation and work at stake for a single night stand,” he said.
Souce : www.deccan.com
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

A very funny review of movie classic.

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/scripts/pr ... ic&ID=2781
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Amitabh Bachchan: The Biggest Star in the World :bounce:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_ ... 110003.htm
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Veer-Zaara miffed Musharraf summons Chopra

http://us.rediff.com/movies/2005/apr/15veer.htm
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

DO NOT watch Kaal....For those of you who have seen the promos for Kaal you have seen two colorful and star studded songs over and over again. however the movie is anything but that, the movie is about a so called man-eating tiger in "Orbit Park." However the two songs sandwich the entire movie. The first song is there in the opening credits, the second in the closing credits and they have absoultley nothing to do with the movie whatsoever!!!

SRK should stick to acting...and I should have gone to see Sunny Deol's sardarji comedy instead :D
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Man Kaal is dumbest movie I have seen, I should have warned you. It is all hype, no substance at all in the movie.

Sunny Deol's movies is equally bad. Among the movies I saw recently, if you like sentimental stuff WAQT will be good, or you can even opt for SOCHA NA THA. It is a good movie too.
insideout
Authors
Authors

Post by insideout »

KAAL.....What a stupid movie it is... :(
...Iheard this from a friend of mine who for so long was always talking abt the much hyped movie and was eager to watch it the very day it was released...
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Just watched movie "IQBAL" . Great movie. It is about a deaf and dumb guy (poor) from a small village whose ultimate aim is to play for Indian cricket team as a fast bowler. Very very nice movie. A must watch for all sports fans. Though some of the concepts in the movie like "chakravyuh" are stupid, the way director depicted the character Iqbal is simply terrific. The whole movie is balanced on a single point that with grit, determination and preservance one can achieve anything. The best part is that the director not even once has shown the sad part of being deaf or dumb. I mean, he didn't try to capitalize on the point that hero is dumb/deaf by dragging unnecessary emotions into the movie.

It's a story that leaves you inspired and shows the power of the human mind. Iqbal is not only about cricket.

Mighty impressed with the movie.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Watched "Salaam Namaste" . Great movie. Though it is a copy of english movie "nine months" , it had its own moments. Highly recommended movie for everyone. It is amazing, the rate at which Yash Raj films are churning out Hits! I don't remember a flop movie on their banner. It has been a long time.
SriramP

Post by SriramP »

Sandeep, that was quick.. man..! It released this morning.. you stay in the west coast and it is 11.00 AM there and you saw it already.. BTW.. Theatre or PIRACY Zindabad :wink: ??

Mujhse Dosti Karoge (2002) directorial debut of "Hum-Tum" Kunal Kohli was their last flop..! And I had the privilege of watching this crap FDFS buying the tickets in black at astronomical rates on a RAINY day in Hyd :( ..!