Administrator

Strange trend in site stats

Post by Dhruv »

Well the second post that I mentioned is right here

Code: Select all

Mon     Tue     Wed     Thu     Fri     Sat     Sun

Feb     8.44    7.49    14.80   9.53    6.92    3.56    6.04
Mar     8.10    7.28     7.18  14.54    5.05    4.94    5.87

This is basically the average throughput (MB) downloaded by weekday. What I find interesting is that the trends for Monday-Tuesday though to about Thursday are fine. Then on Friday , it starts dropping and Saturday and Sunday are about the same.

Now I was wondering if this had something to do with the fact that we have tennis fans and football fans and other general fans. But basically, the tennis fans make up a majority of the board if I go by posts. So, my logic is by Thursday the Indian challenge is basically finished at most tournaments in tennis so most tennis fans tune out till next week and then come Friday everything is back to the base support again. What I hope is the Indian challenge lasts into the weekend and then my trend line will be
nice and flat and won't start dropping off into the weekend. :)

I had a couple of spare minutes so I posted these silly stats but it is in the general section and thats what this is meant for. :mrgreen:
david
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by david »

Are these the number of visitors on that particular day. What is MB
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

No, it's basically an approximation of the number of pages viewed/day. 1MB would be equivalent to about 75-100 pages. So, theoretically if more pages are being viewed I would assume that there are more users but that is not neccesarily true as I tried to explain in the other post.

But what it does indicate is that either fewer people visit the site Friday/Saturday and or people view fewer pages on Friday/Saturday. Anyway, I didn't do any research or anything, it's just when I saw my Feb webserver logs there was a bell shaped curve so I just thought it interesting.