Public Health in India

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Public Health in India

Post by jayakris »

On a different matter of relevance to this thread - 6 states have more doctors than WHO’s 1:1,000 guideline

What do you all say about those numbers? Kinda a surprising. I mean we have a lot of dotcors but can't get them to really help in Public health. Simply economics. Demand needs to be created by paying people to be healthier, and that needs to translate to salaries of doctors who will work in those areas where we have poor health. Otherwise, they will just stick around places like Kerala, TN, Goa, Delhi, etc.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

The elephant in the room is that we have no Medicare like deduction from paycheck. The problem in India is that we want everything from the best of the world but want to pay nothing for it and just call it government’s job to provide those world class facilities and services. If we do have such a deduction, please educate me.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Atithee wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:41 pm This is no different for most things in life including healthcare services. I don’t like it either but the high price paid by others keeps overall prices affordable for many too.
This assumes that there is no shortage of vaccine. Both Bharat Biotech and SII are not in a position to ramp up production to meet India's needs and obligations to WHO.