Lok Sabha elections 2019

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Lok Sabha elections 2019

Post by prasen9 »

I would support this. That would defuse some of the fights.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Why would you support Sanskrit but not Hindi, especially now when almost everyone will find it harder to learn Sanskrit? If that’s what you are saying. That sounds like "Cutting off the nose to spite the face." For all practical purposes, isn’t Hindi a derivative from Sanskrit?
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

Agreed, pushing for Sanskrit is very elitist. We live in an era where a lot of people learn their vocabulary from entertainment and social media and Hindi is a completely reasonable choice given that.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Atithee wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 pm Why would you support Sanskrit but not Hindi, especially now when almost everyone will find it harder to learn Sanskrit? If that’s what you are saying. That sounds like "Cutting off the nose to spite the face." For all practical purposes, isn’t Hindi a derivative from Sanskrit?
It is a fairness question. It is not cutting off the nose to spite the face. It is so that we do not pick winners and losers in the same country. That destroys countries. Hindi is a derivative from Sanskrit and so is Bangla and a whole bunch of other Indian languages. So what?

The vocabulary you learn from entertainment and media is not enough to do official work.

My fundamental point is that we are all equals. There is no first class citizens (Hindi-speakers) and second class citizens (non-Hindi speakers). You break that and you break the country. That is partly what happened in Pakistan where they tried to impose Urdu on Bangladesh etc. It is a slippery slope to choose and favor one part of the country over another.

It is not elitist as English is. I do not think the elites know Sanskrit per se. Everyone will start from their knowledge of their own language and will have to learn it in order to get the jobs that require Sanskrit, etc.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Rare phenomenon: both Prasenjits agree on something! 100% in agreement on the above post!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

PKBasu wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 am Rare phenomenon: both Prasenjits agree on something! 100% in agreement on the above post!
Rare indeed. I normally agree with one of the two prasens. Most of the time it is the rightist one. On this, I probably don't disagree, but I am actually unsure whether I agree, or on what exactly I would be agreeing, if I were to even agree :)