Preparing for Prime Minister Narendra Modi

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
ankit1407
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Preparing for Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Post by ankit1407 »

ok fair enough, again this is a subject which can go on and on and on without any conclusion, so tell me the alternate instead of imposing theories?

Also are you trying to tell me its only the muslims who have lost the loved ones or their loved ones should be respected more because its from minority? Enough of this bullshit of minority appeasement..Yes they deserve respect,rights as much as you and I do nothing more nothing less.

try convincing someone else with this theory that India is on right path, again I never said Modi will do wonder . I personally dont believe he will do but its not a subject where sitting on the sideline is an option. However you might like its not an option so you have to make a choice..good or bad it may sound.

Ofcourse we continue to get investment in all corners, also do we need to remind the money we have lost in all the scams? Congress got 10 years in a row i personally believe 2004-09 was not such a bad period but once they came back to power it was no stopping all the scammaster.

Again no one is perfect hence I like what happens in Rajasthan personally, every 5 years change in Govt , not ideal but again in the absence of quality alternate thats the max one could do.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Let us have a PM poll here. I am squarely with Jay and Sameer here. Riots are an unfortunate but regular part of the communal politics in India. You don't have to look beyond the recent Muzaffarnagar riots. Would we hold Akhilesh responsible for it? Who should bear the responsibility for the Babri Masjid riots? Not the Babri Masjid issue. Gujarat riots are an ugly chapter in our history, we need to move on. I know Modi may not be the messiah for the Indian economy, and its people, but surely he can't be worse than the puppet PM we have had for a while. I haven't read about farmers' suicides and Nano factory debacles in Gujarat, far worse issues than misguided zealot' driven riots, which an individual, even if he is a CM, can only manage, but not stop.

Also, is that all that the naysayers of Modi have?
krinix
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by krinix »

if you going to look at riots alone, its not doing do justice of what had been brewing all this while from BJP/Modi in gujarat.
Look at the Gaurav yatra. I guess you have not seen the banned videos. yes you can claim, that it was doctored..
But there was no denying what has been building up for some time, poured out on aftermath the train burning incident.

Lives were lost in both cases. Car sevaks are troblemakes.. The whole parivar is indeed in that business, neck deep.

No excuses in the train burning and definitely not the govt sponsored genocide that happened aftermath.

The 2002 Gujarat Riots have been called ethnic cleansing, a pogrom, and even genocide. The government estimated, that “790 Muslims and 254 Hindus were killed, 223 more people reported missing and another 2,500 injured.” Those are facts, regardless of whether you think Modi was involved.

Isnt this enough for the many not to approve of Modi's tryst with Evil?

Well i can go on.. his political rise inclusive of backstabbing, Re-writing history(goofing up i mean), name calling...

hey may be your PM candidate in the running. He for me is a chaiwala.. who is also the Devil.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

question remains, who is your PM choice in that case? I am sure we have some saint who fits into all sizes currently in politics as per everyone's criteria ? Rahul ? Sonia ?Kejriwal ? Mamta ? Nitish ? Mayawati ? Mulayam?

As for about car sewak are the troublemaker etc etc , ever tried to find fault in the so called minority also? so burning was justified because of lot of boling before it happend?

Am sorry all of this is still not enough for me to chose Congress, third front, AAP etc. instead .May be its enough for you so be it.
krinix

Post by krinix »

ankit1407 wrote:question remains, who is your PM choice in that case? I am sure we have some saint who fits into all sizes currently in politics as per everyone's criteria ? Rahul ? Sonia ?Kejriwal ? Mamta ? Nitish ? Mayawati ? Mulayam?

As for about car sewak are the troublemaker etc etc , ever tried to find fault in the so called minority also? so burning was justified because of lot of boling before it happend?

Am sorry all of this is still not enough for me to chose Congress, third front, AAP etc. instead .May be its enough for you so be it.
I said there no excuse in train burning, please read what i typed again. It should have not happened, and since it happened, i would rather understand the very base/point of why the car sevaks traveling to ayodhya.. why was the train set on fire, and why the riots happened?

My intentions is not to find fault.. but to understand what led to what? There is always a spark somewhere.

I and you can fight.. settles scores.. even kill each other.. but when govt indulges in such acts.. there is no moral in it. people who we elect to represent us can make/unmake decisions that you and i would have made in haste.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

krinix wrote:
ankit1407 wrote:My intentions is not to find fault.. but to understand what led to what? There is always a spark somewhere.
OR may be our intention only follows our thought process ? Again if you give me a name whom should I go i will happily listen but sorry sick and tired of old tap recorder singing 2002 everytime Modi names comes up. You said tytler was not running for PM , fair enough but I believe Anti Sikh riots happened under the congress regime and one wise man said , when asked about the riots, said "when a big tree falls, the earth shakes".
krinix

Post by krinix »

ankit1407 wrote:
krinix wrote:
ankit1407 wrote:My intentions is not to find fault.. but to understand what led to what? There is always a spark somewhere.
OR may be our intention only follows our thought process ? Again if you give me a name whom should I go i will happily listen but sorry sick and tired of old tap recorder singing 2002 everytime Modi names comes up. You said tytler was not running for PM , fair enough but I believe Anti Sikh riots happened under the congress regime and one wise man said , when asked about the riots, said "when a big tree falls, the earth shakes".
Oh yeah that poor guy who got blown to pieces, of yeah go ahead.. you will find his skeletons in his grave. Shake him up from the grave. give him a tight slap, say you want to try him again.. question him how he could make such a comment.

Gimme a break.

Agreed that it happened under congress regimen.. but who from them is running for the top Job? if there is someone, please let me know.. i will scrutinize and pummel him like i do with your beloved Modi.

Again the classic example of Equating one riots to another and justifying that this may be allowed.. because of that.
If I accused you of stealing, you couldn’t point to everyone around you and say “but they are thieves too!” Well, you could, but I would just turn back to you and say “Right, they’re guilty, fine, but you are also a thief.”

Again..is is necessary to give you a name? You give hundread reason why Modi should be running for PM, i give 101 reasons of why he shouldnt even be in the place he is right now.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

krinix wrote:If you truly believe Modi is innocent, then you are excused.
Yes. I believe he is innocent until proven guilty. He is guilty of what he is proven guilty of. I take it as nothing more, nothing less. I think he is not innocent of whatever the Indian courts have found him not to be guilty of. After all, for 10 years it was not his party ruling India, and it wasn't like they weren't trying to find him guilty. So I have absolutely no reason to think that he is guilty of anything more than whatever the courts have so far found him guilty of. Yes, I believe that VERY strongly and do not have any special judgement on his innocence or guilt, made up by myself, solely based on what the press an intelligentsia of India writes up. Everything else, HE IS INNOCENT OF. Your excusing is still being politely refused, on the grounds that I need no such magnanimous excusing.
You then only have to reconcile with having a prime minister who is obviously incompetent at maintaining law and order in a nation where Naxals abound and multiple secessionist movements are ongoing.
No reconciling needed, when I have no conflicting logic. If there was some incompetence or even emotional acquiescence from him in what happened in Gujarat, I happen to judge that his positive governance on a lot of other spheres outweighs the failings he has. Simple
But if you believe he may be guilty of either ordering the riots or not preventing them, then you cannot comfortably ignore that judgment just because it is convenient to your privileged view of India’s future. To do so is nothing less than cowardice.

I don't believe he is guilty of anything that he has not been proven guilty of, I said. What are you going on and on about, then?
I understand he is from a chaiwala background.. But id rather he left the chaiwala langauge behind. PM in running should be a man of respect.. not some calling someone's gal, a 50 crore girlfriend, Not call the current PM Maun Mohan singh. If this is the respect he has for our current PM, I guess he would not expect the same in return.
Talk is not what I want him to be the PM for. If he talked like that for 12 years and showed consistent performance from his state that is among (minimum) the top 3 in the country for 12 years, he can speak any language he wants, and his background is of no concern to me (by the way, what is so wrong with a "chaiwallah" language - some of the best Malayalees I have seen are chaiwallahs around the world :)). I like the backbone he has to call some spades spades in the harshest way when he feels like it (though he doesn't always do that). He also bullshits sometime and is not the most well-informed, but he often does the right thing when it comes to economic improvement of the state he governs. So I give no damn about some bullshitting from him either. Show results by governing at the center, and I am fine. Make Indians' lives better. He is the best guy that I see for that, at this time. My vote is for him.
krinix

Post by krinix »

Looking at history, courts are not infallible institutions and I do not think Modi’s guilt is such an open and shut case.
At the end of the day, you as the voter must decide and your verdict is your ballot. My argument, again, is that after considering everything, if you think he is guilty, then that should be a deal breaker and nothing else should matter.

Let me throw you a quick hypothetical. Imagine that a murderer has his case thrown out because some of the evidence implicating him was found during a search performed without a search warrant. The case would be thrown out – “not guilty,” legally – but the guilt would still be known. The point being, simply throwing your hands in the air and saying “Well the court said so!” is usually not the whole story. And indeed, here it is not. The Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae disagreed with the recommendation of the Special Investigation Team’s report and said a trial should take place and a Tehelka sting revealed implicating testimony. I cite these facts not to open up the argument on Modi’s actual guilt, but to say that there is merit to thinking it through on your own.

As per me, his hand in Gujarat riots nullifies his soo called Achievements, if any. I would rather walk on crumbling infrastructure economy, than to have someone to represent me, who kills minority, spies on women, because of his insecurities and hatred that's been bread through chaddi ladden desperate folks of RSS and its shambolic Ideologies.

What achievements are you talking about? Slums of Amdavad or the minorities who are still living in slums(Once makeshift riots camp), or the water that fails to reach the farmers, while he steals it and offers on platter to the likes of Adani and Ambani. The Tata nano scam or how RTI's filed never see the light in Guj?

Kujo put up the graphs, Do me a favour go through them and please tell me you still see gujarat at the top, or would you conveniently ignore some news and only take up all hail Modi's articles

For you the PM may speak any language... thats you. but for me PM is someone who represents a whole country. I want him to be well kept, well mannnered, and well spoken, at least with sense, which none of it, Modi has.

I have no problem with Chaiwallah or a rickshawwallah coming up ranks.. but you'd expect them to leave the lingo behind.
Again you bring malayalees chailwallahs... try not to complicate by drawing parallels with unrelated topics. I said my problem is not with all chaiwallahs or their lingo, but how you can see his chaiwallah lingo, which doesn't bode well, when he is in running for PM...
To be simple, Ill put it this way. I knew everything I wanted to know about him, when he made the 50 crore girlfriend remark. For you it could be just plain talk where he calls spade a spade.. you may live with it. But no sir... he is definitely not the man, i want my children to be listening to. I see no backbone but cowardice in attacking someone Else's wife. Says a lot about a Man.
Last edited by krinix on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krinix

Post by krinix »

In his “Gaurav Yatra”, Mr. Modi constantly touched upon the “60 Ram Bhakts who were burnt alive”. And it was never even considered by him or his members that it could be anything else than a communal attack. For a leader who should be the one imbibing communal harmony during trying times, Modi was constantly seen as a Messaiah for The Hindus who want their revenge. There were video tapes distributed by the VHP and the Bajrang Dals all over Gujarat showing how the Ram Bhakts were burnt. If this is not the biggest case of trying to cause communal tension, then there’s nothing over that.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

krinix, I think we get it. Modi is not your man. He doesn't have to be, the same way as he can be someone else's choice, with or without his shortcomings. For you the thought process and manners are of highest value, for others, they are not. Kapeesh?
krinix

Post by krinix »

Atithee wrote:krinix, I think we get it. Modi is not your man. He doesn't have to be, the same way as he can be someone else's choice, with or without his shortcomings. For you the thought process and manners are of highest value, for others, they are not. Kapeesh?
yeah that one, and someone who doesn't have innocent's blood in his hands!
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

jayakris wrote:
What would prevent him from repeating such inaction, when another such incident happens? the "high" office of being the PM of India? - say nothing about the high office of being a CM... And this time, for the heck of it, let us say it happens somewhere in northern Kerala!
On the first part, see above.

For the second part about kerala... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? The only people in the land of Adi Sankara who are afraid of any massacre of them are the majority Hindus with their deep divisions within - that have rendered them without a voice in anything; politics or business or media. Or, were you talking of a massacre of Hindus by any chance? If you were, I hope the Kerala CM who usually has no need to care a damn for the Hindus, would hopefully care at least in preventing a massacre of them.

By that, I meant a Godhra style incident where hindu pilgrims are dead in Kerala. What happens after that? Does Modi being a PM enables and emboldens the revenge mentality of the mob? Will he step-in to prevent the riots in Kerala and punish culprits or step aside and watch as muslims are killed?

Sorry if this sounds heartless, but I think those Keralite muslim's deaths shouldn't be causing the rest of Indians even further hurt - let us have Modi focus on the economy of India. What can a PM do, sitting so far away in Delhi?! La la Lala La...
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

In a economic regime as tightly controlled and licensed as India's, an efficient government that invests in infrastructure and is an enabler of both business/industry and agriculture can do a lot more than say a US government can do in driving the US economy. Perhaps, not as much as in China, but it can make a significant difference.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

You can't keep making the same argument against one choice without coming up with alternatives. Unless you believe in anarchy and then the discussion is pointless.

Amongst the alternatives that there are available now, I haven't heard a single argument why X would be a viable and better choice.