India's Airline Industry

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
vishnureddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

Indian Aviation Sector poised to take off

Things are certainly looking rosy for Indian airline industry after the entry of Air Deccan 8-) . About 7 new Low-Cost players are set to enter the field next year with the first being "Go Air" which is set to launch its services in Q1 of next year. The fares too are expected to be 15-20% cheaper than the existing rates with the entry of

Air-India Express ,AirOne ,Visa ,Alliance Air (will be changed to a low-cost carrier),Go Airways ,Kingfisher Air ,Royal Airways and Yamuna Air . What are your opinions on this?

I think we can continue further discussions on this sector in this thread
vishnureddy

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

It would also be interesting as to how the new Civil Aviation Policy would be particularly with matters relating to private parties inclusion in modernisation of airports. India really needs to improve its airports to keep up with this boom as they are still in pretty poor condition compared with other countries and imo private parties participation should be allowed in upgradation of Airports
gvhvhg

India's Airline Industry

Post by gvhvhg »

This is cool....anybody know if these airlines are just domestic or international too...im presuming domestic
vishnureddy

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

Yup those are just domestic but more foreign airlines are eyeing India and so we have to wait & see whether that would result in any reduction of prices :)
vkd_1717

India's Airline Industry

Post by vkd_1717 »

i cant wait to see the reduction in international prices ... form London its almost half the price to travel to Sydney than Mumbai
sunnyd

India's Airline Industry

Post by sunnyd »

Some of these airlines will definitely go bust sooner or later. The airline industry cant support so many players.
gvhvhg

India's Airline Industry

Post by gvhvhg »

Yeah probably, but if just one or two can survive it would be great
vishnureddy

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

PKBasu

India's Airline Industry

Post by PKBasu »

I was in Malaysia this afternoon, talking to the head of Malaysia's government investment agency -- who was excited about the Hyderabad airport project (I wish I'd seen your report earlier Vishnu!).
vishnureddy

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

Concession Agreement signed between Centre and the private consortium

The Airport is also set to include a terminal building that will exclusively cater to the needs of the low-cost airlines segment[/url]
vishnureddy

India's Airline Industry

Post by vishnureddy »

UPA's take on Civil Aviation in its first year

Its basically a summary of the last year events :).

Jet Airways showed a >100% growth in its net profits .. awesome... but i think it would struggle to keep its market share around 40 from its present 45 as few more new players are expected.

It would be interesting how SpiceJet goes about too in its new avtar as it expects to break even in about six months :)
India1989

India's Airline Industry

Post by India1989 »

After I went on British Airways I would give British airways 5 out of 10 and Air India 8.2 out of 10.
gbelday

India's Airline Industry

Post by gbelday »

Air India 8.2 out of 10.
I would give a 1 to Air India...I had such terrible experieces both the times I flew them.
The best experiece that I've had so far are with Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, Malaysian and Singapore Airlines. Not so great experiences are with Lufthansa and Delta and worst is Air India!!
India1989

India's Airline Industry

Post by India1989 »

No man its not. It is really good. The food is too good. The behaviour was really good. WHat did you find not good over there.

In Britsh airways i am giving you examples.

In british airways this is what happened. When it was food time. The food had half boiled pork. Two pieces of bread, and raw lettuce. How the heck is one supposed to eat that unless one is british. They don't have variety.

They weren't even attending us properly.

They were just going by properly and the airhostess were thinking that they were too much just going by and arrogant behaviour.

I am not comparing Air India to Singapore Airlines. Singapore airlines is much better but Air India is good too and better then British airways.

You can't say it bad just cause its an Indian airlines.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

India's Airline Industry

Post by BSharma »

Has anyone tried the non-stop flight from New Jersey to India, or between Canada and India? American Airlines is starting a non-stop flight from Chicago to Delhi. Please share your experience if you have been on one of these non-stop flights between North America and India.