334 Parth Sharma

39 Joshna Chinappa
134 Anwesha Reddy, Dipika Pallikal, Surbhi Misra
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Squash in India

Post by Dhruv »

Yup not a problem.  Will do this weekend.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Every now and then we see the Indian press twisting something deliberately or otherwise, and giving a headline that conveys the exact negative of what soebody said in an interview! .. Here is one example -  an article in the Hindustan Times (ePaper) today.

=========

"A world champion from India is a distant dream"
Comments from Peter Nicole
(by AR Hemant, Mumbai) 

HE'S DONE it all - a World Open winner, two-time British Open champion, twice Commonwealth Games gold medallist and a World No. 1 for 60 months. So when a man with Peter Nicol's authority on squash speaks, people listen. Having retired from professional squash last year, Nicol is in Mumbai to promote the World Squash Academy, of which he will be the head coach.

"Indian squash is definitely getting better.

It is strong in the professional ranks. I have trained with Ritwik Bhattacharya for four years. There's a vast difference between him then and now. Hopefully, more people will start playing here. A world champion from India is a distant possibility. But if 10,000 more people start playing the game here, that's also a success."

===================

First of all, I think he may have misheard what Nicole said.  It seems like he said it was "distinct" possibility.  Even if he said "distant possibbilty", that is a positive comment, while "distant dream" that the twisted headline says conveys the exact opposite!  Funny.

Jay
squashdotpro

Squash.pro is available

Post by squashdotpro »

Hello, hopefully this isn't too off-topic - my apologies if so. I'm an amateur squash player and I've always wanted to create a website for the squash community. A while back, I registered the domain name http://www.squash.pro and began development on a website http://www.squash.pro. I've recently found that I haven't had time to work on the site and so I'm looking for someone that may want to buy the name and partially finished site to continue development. The site runs on the Joomla content management system and comes with a custom squash theme. I can move the name and site to any interested party's server and domain account. Please contact me at bob@motion.pro if you are interested. Thank you.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙍𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝙖𝙩 𝟭𝟱 🔥 !

Anahat Singh, just 15 years old, secures the 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 as her opponent, Tanvi Khanna, retires due to injury.

Credit: @Sportsbypahadi twitter
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

When the first message on this page(not thread) was written Anahat wasn't even born!!

She is a star in making(as I mentioned earlier as well during asian games) BTW she reached the Jr world championship(under 19) quarterfinal as well in June. Most others in the world championship were 18-19yo. But the winner Amina Orfi of Egypt was 16 and she won this in 2022 as well! She may be a generational talent.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Squash in Olympics couldn’t have come at a better time for me, says Abhay Singh

The timing of the news about squash’s inclusion in the Olympics could not have been better for Abhay. Even while acknowledging his gradual progress, he recognised that there is still work to be done to reach the top. With upcoming tournaments such as the World Championships and PSA Tour on the horizon, Abhay aims to capitalise on the momentum, believing that a Olympic medal is in his destiny, something he is committed to working on.

https://www.dtnext.in/news/sports/squas ... ngh-750107