Moderator: Moderators

bujilover
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Vishal Punna thread...

Post by bujilover »

GBR F15 Futures,

QR1 Vishal Punna BYE
QR2 Vishal Punna(UNR) def George Chater Clarke(GBR,UNR) 6-0 6-0 :-)
FQR Vishal Punna(UNR) vs 5-Keelan Oakley(GBR,1863)

Didnt expect the double bagel coming.Hope he comes up with a better display in FQR. :goodluck:
bujilover
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by bujilover »

FQR:

Keelan OAKLEY (GBR) (5) defeated Vishal PUNNA (IND) 6-2 2-0 Retired :(
VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by VReddy »

Time to resurrect this thread from PKB again - this time with an update on his movie! :p :rofl:

Tennis boy to lead man
Born and brought up in Hyderabad, Vishal was interested in tennis from a very young age. “It’s a very expensive game and you need to put in a lot of money. My parents did whatever they could and they supported me for some time. But at one point, I had to go to Europe to participate in a tournament, which I couldn’t afford, so I decided to quit,” he says. The 33-year-old did try to make a comeback three years later in 2009, but things did not materialise.

Interestingly, Vishal even tried teaching the sport to young enthusiasts in the city. “It’s not that easy as there are politics behind it. My brother and I had even started an academy and coached many kids, but it is now shut down since we couldn’t renew the lease contract.”

About the next stage in his life, he says, “After I quit, I left for the US and started coaching there. At that time, I got an opportunity to work with an IT company, so I settled there,” Vishal says.
YouTube - Movie Trailer