roddick

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

How many torunaments will roddick win before his arm falls off?

Poll runs till Mon Aug 31, 2037 1:26 am

none
33%
No votes
50+
33%
100+
33%

Total votes: 3

cibtt
Please enter the middle number: 1

roddick

Post by cibtt »

roddick is fast, young, has a terrific serve and is maturing by the day. He is currently the best player. on monday he will be the number 1 ranked player in the atp. :notworthy: Roddick rules. However, im quite concerned that his hand is going to fall off soon looking at his bullet speed serve.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

roddick

Post by Dhruv »

Well if the changes that the ITF and gang want to put through go ahead.. ie.e slowing down the game by making the rackets smaller etc then Rodiicks power game serve and all will be a little less powerful and he might not win very many tournaments. :mrgreen: So I'll wait till the ITF makes their desicion.
PKBasu

roddick

Post by PKBasu »

What is the purpose of such a lop-sided poll? It is very unlikely that Roddick will win 50 tournaments -- he doesn't seem to be an endurance player, at least not at this stage. But he will certainly win more than 1. So none of the reasonable options are offered in the poll!
gvhvhg

roddick

Post by gvhvhg »

PK Basu.......you dont think rodddick will win 50?!?!? I think that barring fatal injury or drugs what have you (something out of the ordinary) it is almost a certainty. The guy has just turned 21 and already has 11 titles (mabye 12 on sunday) he has 10 good yrs left..mabye more..he will definitley get 50....not 100 though.
PKBasu

roddick

Post by PKBasu »

Roddick is the sort of player whose style makes him prone to injuries. Since he has already won 11 tournaments, the poll makes even less sense...the first two options are irrelevant. But I took it to mean 50 more tournaments from now on...that is pretty tough.
Roddick has had one good Slam. I'm not ready to crown him an all-time great on that basis -- which 62 title wins will certainly make him. Remember what happened to Safin (who looked unbeatable when he creamed Sampras in the US Open final, but has faded in the past year) or Philippoussis (who had the talent, but has succumbed to repeated injury; ditto Ivanisevic).
gvhvhg

roddick

Post by gvhvhg »

the first two options are irrelevant
you said it urself, that the options meant FROM NOW ON, so they are not irrelevant as what cibtt is asking is if ROddick will win those many MORE tournament.....by the way..Roddick lost to Murghiwalla again, in Paris. :bounce: :wink:
PKBasu

roddick

Post by PKBasu »

gvhvhg, you seem pleased that Roddick lost to Henman...I can't see any reason to celebrate that!! The Peter Principal has worked with Henman -- he has reached the level of his own incompetence, which is about #6 in the world at the peak of his career. The Paris Master's was an aberration, made possible in my view by the fact that most of the top guys had qualified for the season-ending Master's Cup and were putting in less than 100% (preserving their batteries for the big one to come). That's the only way to explain a Master's Series event final between Henman and Pavel!
PKBasu

Re: roddick

Post by PKBasu »

This is an amusing thread to look back upon. I just came across it while searching for something else!
For the record, Andy Roddick finished with 32 singles titles -- so he won another 21 after we had the above debate. (Ashish/Gurvinder, please note!!).
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Haha. And I guess his arm did not fall off. Plus, I am reminded of "Murgiwallah". The new folks here probably wouldn't know who that is!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

"Murgiwalla" and "Mr56" were two brilliant coinages that this forum (Jay?) came up with :D
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

While I remember who Mr56 was/is, I can't remember the etymology of the name. How did Jay come up with that?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Did I come up with that? Can't remember. Murgi - Hen. So Murgiwallah - Henman!
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Prashant wrote:While I remember who Mr56 was/is, I can't remember the etymology of the name. How did Jay come up with that?
BTW, what is the reason / etymology behind the name "Mr.56" ??
sportsfan

Post by sportsfan »

Mr. Srichapan. chapan in Hindi sounds like 56? ;-)
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Yeah, I think you are right that is how we came up with that. Paradorn was a big deal on these boards for a while...