Player Bios Thread

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

IndiaFan1

Player Bios Thread

Post by IndiaFan1 »

I would like to suggest that we have a thread where we could maintain brief biography of each player. Alternatively, we could have a bio-page within each player's thread. Currently, there is no single place you can go to, to get details about these palyers..one has to wade through several pages.

Within the bio, we could include other non-tennis details as well, such as place of birth, other interests, languages spoken etc.

Perhaps this will add too much work for the moderators. Perhaps this has been thought of before and rejected. Moderators, please let us know your views. I would also love to hear from other forumers on this topic. Please provide your vote supporting or rejecting the idea.

The moderators perhaps will even welcome any volunteers who could maintain such a thread. Thanks in advance!

A Very Interested India Fan #1
Last edited by IndiaFan1 on Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

Player Bios Thread

Post by gvhvhg »

The moderators will get mad that you put this thread here!!!! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

just kidding guys! I konw u do it in good spirit keeping the wonderful forum in order!!! Keep it up by the way....we may take it for granted!
nitin gupta

Player Bios Thread

Post by nitin gupta »

Actually it is a brilliant idea.If some one can really work it out.Individual performances can be consolidated here,including various national and international tournaments.May i suggest one more thing.We may have a player of the month .Like this month this award would have easily gone to ROHAN BOPANNA.May be this award can be given next month.You can ask for the votes also.This will purely be based on the performances during that particular month only.May be we can have one for the juniors and one for the seniors.
neh215

Player Bios Thread

Post by neh215 »

its truly a gr8 idea. i think we shud have web pages for all upcoming players just like the ones we have for MB LP and nirupama. and we all surely wud like to know somth abt their lives other than being tennis players. somth from their families, their parents' views, academics..
it wud be just interesting :) in fact i did mail jay abt it ..lesse ...
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Player Bios Thread

Post by Dhruv »

Ok folks, I'm looking at making some changes come this Christmas/New Year when I will have some time. I'll look into your suggestions then.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

hello

Post by Sandeep »

It is a great idea of having a forum which tells about players life other than tennis.But there should be someone who can do that with interest.As far as the information is concerned you need to have a member from the place from which the player is originally from.You can get a lot of information from local papers than from national papers.As i am from Hyderabad if you want i can definitely help you to get Information about sania mirza.
IndiaFan1

Player Bios Thread

Post by IndiaFan1 »

Glad to see this thread come alive after being dormant for a while. Dhruv, thanks for agreeing to make the changes. If we can help in any way, please let us know.

A Happy India Fan #1 :D