Nirupama Sanjeev thread.....

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Nirupama Sanjeev thread.....

Post by prasen9 »

There used to be a shakti.ernet.in.

A blast from the past. A R. Jayakrishnan from emx.texas.edu had joined the soc.culture.bangladesh and voted YES to form that forum. See this one: Bangladesh Culture And, in 1996, he is arguing about Jana Gana Mana and Vande Mataram there. Jay on scb arguing about Sanskrit vs Tamil, etc. There is some consensus these days Jay that the Dravidian languages are of Dravidian root although the majority of the words they have now are perhaps derivatives of Sanskrit.

And the Jayakrishnan guy is again talking about cricket and baseball in 1990 on rec.sport.cricket Jay on cricket and baseball. Then he is talking about stylish bowlers here. Stylish bowlers Did you guys know that Jay was an avid cricket fan?

And, then he goes in and votes for the starting of sci.comp-aided. Jay's YES vote in 1992. He voted to start sci.mech.engr in 1992. How many things did this guy start or was part of from the beginning?
suresh

Post by suresh »

A R Jayakrishnan was an autobot! :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Given that I have not met anyone on this forum, including RJ, I can believe that. :-)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

prasen9 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 am There used to be a shakti.ernet.in.

A blast from the past. A R. Jayakrishnan from emx.texas.edu had joined the soc.culture.bangladesh and voted YES to form that forum. See this one: Bangladesh Culture And, in 1996, he is arguing about Jana Gana Mana and Vande Mataram there. Jay on scb arguing about Sanskrit vs Tamil, etc. There is some consensus these days Jay that the Dravidian languages are of Dravidian root although the majority of the words they have now are perhaps derivatives of Sanskrit.

And the Jayakrishnan guy is again talking about cricket and baseball in 1990 on rec.sport.cricket Jay on cricket and baseball. Then he is talking about stylish bowlers here. Stylish bowlers Did you guys know that Jay was an avid cricket fan?

And, then he goes in and votes for the starting of sci.comp-aided. Jay's YES vote in 1992. He voted to start sci.mech.engr in 1992. How many things did this guy start or was part of from the beginning?
Haha, I missed this whole thing during the Covid days (I guess I was watching the Covid wave numbers in Uttar Dinajpur and Honshangabad and Ramanathapuram!)...

That was a blast, Prasen. I didn't know that such posts do still exist in some corner of the internet. I now remember writing those things. I was very active on some of the earliest internet forums. I think I might have called for starting rec.sports.cricket - or I was one of the early voters for it ... The one group I clearly know I started was sci.engr.civil (I was the initiator). I also know that I was the one who posted the tied test news on the internet (then usenet) after hearing Short wave radio commentary in the US. The small group of 100 or 200 people who had registered on the rec.sports.cricket thought I was pranking them, because nobody thought another tie test could ever happen.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

You should save these somewhere and if your kids are as crazy as you (said lovingly) give them a copy.

p.s. Oh, and btw, maybe move all this from Niru's thread if you find an appropriate thread. Or some miscellenous thread. Or create a historical ruminations thread. We can move all of PKB's posts there. ;-)