The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (End of the line?)

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

ankit1407
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (Started Rolling Again!)

Post by ankit1407 »

Time to change the Thread title Once in for all :(
gautam

Post by gautam »

Who knows if the Indian Express does well tomorrow and Mahesh and Rohan do not click next season, they might be back again for the Olympics :p
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

We celebrated too early when they got together supposedly for the London Olympics. Maybe they should have remained separate this year and joined hands next year so that before their egos swelled and overflowed, the Olympics would be over! I don't have a word to express how I feel. Sort of disgusted, I guess.
cricketics

Post by cricketics »

It will be a miracle to see them again together. Than again it will be weird to imagine someone representing India without leander and bhupathi in it together in olympics. They might well surprise us again by reuniting just for 2 months for Olympics.

Though I will urge all to watch the game tomorrow. The streams will be everywhere. Tv coverage is available. This will be perhaps the last time we will get to see the Two Indian tennis legends on same side of court.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Honestly, I never thought I was going to say this but I really don't want either Mahesh or Lee to win an Olympic medal. Too bad for India. They are full of themselves!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

It appears that these shenanigans have really taken an even more severe toll on the Indo-Pak Samjhauta Express. Their performance in the season-ending tournament was utterly shambolic -- despite the fact that the surface at the O2 arena should have suited them. Crazy stuff :damn:
suresh

Post by suresh »

PKBasu wrote:It appears that these shenanigans have really taken an even more severe toll on the Indo-Pak Samjhauta Express. Their performance in the season-ending tournament was utterly shambolic -- despite the fact that the surface at the O2 arena should have suited them. Crazy stuff :damn:
I think Lee and Hesh should retire and, more importantly, leave other players alone!
slice

Post by slice »

Based on information from the ATP site and as expressed in the interview after the final group match :
"
Qureshi confirmed afterwards that Bopanna would play with Mahesh Bhupathi in 2012 at the Indians bid to compete at the Olympic Games in London in July. "I respect Rohan's decision to play with Mahesh, with a view to competing at the Olympics," said Qureshi. "I hope I will be there too." Qureshi will play with Jean-Julien Rojer next year.
"
It appears the desire of Bhupathi and Bopanna to play together in the Olympics is the driving force behind the split up of two succesful teams in 2011. Tennis wise, since both are Ad court players, Bhupahti and Bopanna are not the perfect combination but then top class tennis is more than just tennis skills.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I don't know what to say. I too thought that LP and Rohan, had they played together, would be a better fit, but you can never say. I guess we have to hope that the court-side change would not matter and MB-RB would click. If they don't click, I just hope that bridges have not been burned badly enough for LP and RB to try some events before Olympics and for MB to try something with Somdev. LP-Somdev and MB-RB both appear somewhat less than ideal to me. All that under the assumption that LP-MB is just not a possibility anymore.

How sad, all of this.

Jay
Sathya

Post by Sathya »

ankit1407 wrote:Time to change the Thread title Once in for all :(
Rightly said... We have to change the title part "Started Rolling Again" to "Started de-railing again" - I said this some time back; when all these guys complained about Leander when he was Davis Cup captain... We should just sack both Mahesh and Leander and not select them at all for representing India (if that is possible) - We had seen great achievements and utter childish behavior from them.. time to say Thanks to them and start developing / supporting the other players in India. I sincerely believed Age (as they are elder now) would have brought them maturity to stay united at least till Olympics.
kaustav

Post by kaustav »

No idea who will be partnering Leander next year...Still he is in better shape that Mahesh...I am repeatedly said the JURGEN MELZER should be his partner choice...The way he is playing doubles nowadays and I saw what a doubles player he is this year Wimbledon mixed final where he single handedly outplayed Mahesh and his Russian partner..And also with only one tourny he played with Lee they showed the chemistry together by winning the Shanghai Masters 2010 on the way of beating Bryans in their semi class...Leander with Jurgen can be world beaters IMO...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

One does not really need to remove them in order to start bringing up the next generation. You can do that while these guys play a year or two in Davis Cup. In fact, if Rohan performs better during the first part of the year and say Yuki comes up to become the second singles player, then LP-RB should be the combination in the Davis Cups. Let's give them time and see how they do.

PKB, I am disappointed :devil: Even you had given up hope for them in the year-end. And they come back in style.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Here is the ATP interview with LP and MB after today's 64 62 win over the Bryans to make the World championships semifinal (which surely is the best match I have ever seen LP-MB play).

Seeing them speak, and actually even from their demeanor on court, nobody would suspect that there is so much crap going on as undercurrent. Why, oh, why, can't these two ever just relax and enjoy paying together?

Jay
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (End of the line?)

Post by jayakris »

Changed the thread title again. I am beginning to forget... This was the 4th time the train restarted, and we are talking about it going to the shed again for the 4th (and may be final) time, right?

Elizabeth Taylor was less predictable with husbands, I think.

Jay
jic

Re: The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (End of the line?)

Post by jic »

How about giving Aisam and OCI or PIO card and have the Mysore-Pak play for India. That way we can forget the aging prima donna's Lee and Hesh. Somebody adopt Aisam and sponsor him! :D