The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (End of the line?)

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: The INDIAN EXPRESS ... (Started Rolling Again!)

Post by jaydeep »

In TOI (gossip) paper they mentioned Lee wanted to forge partnership with Bops from 2012 season and that triggered the friction ... Don't know truth about it.
TOI wrote:Sources close to Paes and Bhupathi said that the break-up was triggered by the fact that Paes wanted to partner Rohan Bopanna next year. However, 2012 is likely to see Bopanna and Bhupathi forge a partnership.
gautam

Post by gautam »

I just dont get it what have these guys seen in Rohan, i mean the stats of this year is also in favour of Leehesh. Rohan even after playing 27-28 tournaments this year is at 5th place whereas Leehesh with even 17-18 is at fourth. So where does Rohan suddenly becoming better arise.
This whole issue has croped up only because of Mahesh. Why does he have to create so much trouble
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Please, please tell me this is all untrue... :frown:
ihtrak
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by ihtrak »

Doesnt Mahesh and Rohan normally play same side of the court?
Varma

Post by Varma »

Yes, I think both of play ad-court.

- Varma
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

This was what came to my mind also first, when I saw it. Having Leander on the deuce court is best for either of them - Hesh or Rohan. I wouldn't try to mess around with changing the sides they are used to. It is OK against lesser rivals like in some davis cup matches, but would not work for Olympics where you cannot take chances and get cavaliar on anything if you are looking for a medal. Leander will pretty much have to play. I hope it will be with MB in the end. If there is no chance for that, LP with RB. I just hope that the one who is left out from the three will be in the top-10 and will play with Somdev in the end.

But, like PKB said, I just hope this is all untrue. But we know that we always have a way of messing up every little chance we have for Olympic medals with useless things like this, all the time. The bad karma I talked about. All that these things do is to reduce confidence and mental focus. Leander, especially, is an expert at starting off such confusion, as he can never seem to leave well-enough alone. Come on Lee. Just shut up, and play with MB. If it is coming from MB, well, shut up Hesh, too.

Jay
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Not a good start for London 2012 - Aachoooo
Is this going to be another sneeze and fans are left to wonder what would have been....?

My older post in this thread
suresh

Post by suresh »

jayakris wrote: Come on Lee. Just shut up, and play with MB. If it is coming from MB, well, shut up Hesh, too.
Amen to that.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Stupidity. Sheer stupidity!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yesterday Mahesh was in Pune for opening Sports and Exercise Psychology Clinic of Miss Debashree Marathe ... At that time he denied all reports about splitting with Lee ... I really hope this is true.

Mahesh Bhupathi denies split with Leander Paes
“Not that I know of,” were the few words Mahesh Bhupathi had to say regarding Rohan Bopanna taking Leander Paes’s place for the London Olympics next year.

“Leander and I have been practising and things should be fine,” said Bhupathi. “I haven’t played much this year with Leander, but since we are practising together, it should help us in the Olympics. We should do well. We will give our best in London,” Bhupathi said about the Olympics.
Meanwhile, tennis pundits are of the opinion that the Bhupathi-Bopanna combination may not click as both of them are backcourt players. “Looking for fresh legs is a good move, but Bhupathi and Bopanna playing together is not good as both are backcourt players. For Bopanna to make the change will take some time and with Olympic Games next year, it’s not the right time to experiment,” said a former India Davis Cup captain who didn’t wish to be named.

“I do agree that they (Paes-Bhupathi) are nearing 40 and we need fresh legs. However, the combination of Bhupathi and Bopanna is uncalled for,” he added.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

ihtrak wrote:Doesnt Mahesh and Rohan normally play same side of the court?
Absolutely. Both ad-court players as Varma & Jay point out. And, at the risk of flogging a dead horse, Leander is the best player among the three, even today. Our best hope for a medal is Leander plus one.
gautam

Post by gautam »

In an interview to DNA Bhupathi has clearly stated that there is no split and will be playing together in Olympics however in an interview, Paes has said that they will sit after the season ending tournament and will decide upon their respective future. Dunno whats going on :kookoo: :kookoo: :kookoo:
An awesome video on Leehesh including the rare footage of winning grand slams in 1999 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-UEIsfmRqc
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

That is a relief (almost). Too many Narad-munis hanging around these two -- and in the press (which seems to always look for the slightest chink between them, and begin spinning rumours as fact). Leave them kids alone!
suresh

Post by suresh »

@Maheshbhupathi wrote:Just fin practice with Leander. Media with cameras perched in the trees and climbing the walls. Freaked out the members! Disappointed them!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Looks OK for now. Leander has a habit of saying those kinds of things. That is part of how his ego is. Does not like to be seen as all set with (or dependent on) anybody, and he would always speak in such ways. That he would sit down with the partner and all that. Hopefully that is all there is to it. he has said that with his other partners too, and continued to play with them in some cases. Sometimes he actually would mean more by that, and his partner would know it. Hopefully there is nothing more to it this time and MB knows it as that.

If there is indeed anything more to it, well, there is your bad karma. Just trust your partner and have some fun, Lee. You are too old for all this crap. Jeez. Just go out there and win us another medal. You are not too old for that.

By the way, why is the former Davis Cup captain wanting to remain anonymous? Whoever it is (Naresh Kumar, Ramesh krishnan, whoever) - just come out and say what you want to say, sir! The same issue that I remember from our guys first and second splits. All the naradamunis and lowlifes gladly went around talking and creating problems, but the kind of people who could actually put some sense into LP and MB seemed to "stay above it" claiming that it was "not their place to get involved"... That is cowardly. If there is a need to put some sense into anybody, you come out and do that. Smack them on their heads, if needed, I swear!

Anyway, glad that MB has thrown some cold water on the rumor for now. That may not mean much, but is not bad news for sure!

Jay