Sanaa Bhambri thread... (Joins the forum! Hooray!)

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Sanaa Bhambri thread... (Joins the forum! Hooray!)

Post by amr090 »

that's a good idea, if anyone wants to pm me their name, location, phone number, and email i can create an excel spreadsheet.  one of the moderators can then create a sticky that lists my (or one of the moderators contact info) and once the list is complete we can keep it and send it to any interested tennis players.
sanjay5goel

Re: Sanaa Bhambri thread...

Post by sanjay5goel »

sanaa wrote: dear members!!
wishing u all a very happy new year..
me and ankita mite be playin d 25k in clearwater,florida on d 16th feb. so was wondering if u could help us with d accomodation and how far is it from tampa?
thanks regards sanaa
Dear Sanaa,

I don't live in Florida but I checked with a friend who lives in Tampa, FL area and just received a note from them saying that they would be glad to help.
Please let me know some more details like when would you all be arriving, how many people etc. Is Yuki traveling with you?(my friends have a 14 yr old who is serious about tennis, fact is they moved to Florida from Iowa because of him. I think he goes to the Boletteri academy of something).

Please email me at sanjay5goel @ yahoo.com.

Regards
Sanjay
Desi

Post by Desi »

Amr009,

Did we have enough replies regarding creating database, that can be helpful to our tennis players for any support?
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Yes I have compiled it, currently I have about 10-15 names...I will add more as people send me their info...once it gets to around 20-25 then i can publicize that we have such a database....i dont really want to just put out the database as it contains people's personal info, but we can maybe put a sticky up saying we do have such a database and interested tennis players can contact me or one of the mods who can give them the appropriate contact for a tournament when necessary...
Sathya

Post by Sathya »

Thanks Arun. What you suggest is a good idea and let us implement it that way.
Desi

Post by Desi »

Arun,

Thats good idea. We need to let them know (Create New forum or somehow), that support is available and its affordable to play in USA for many players.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Nice article in Indian express on Sanaa who won her second ITF title last saturday at Gurgaon -

[url=http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news ... aa/326769/]Sania’s world, a distant dream for Sanaa
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Great to be able to post in this thread again. Another fabulous week for Sanaa (who is seeded 5th in this week's Futures): she has beaten the second seed in easy straight sets in the QF, and then double-bagelled the British girl seeded 6th in the SF. Good luck in the final against the top seed, Sanaa!!!
sanaa

Post by sanaa »

dear all,
i just happened to visit tennisindia after a long time. i had a great week in muzaffarnagar. after a long time i played in an event where there were over 500 people coming to watch matches each day, and ofcourse the final day had a couple of thousand people thanks to sania. it would hv been nice had i ended up with a win in d singles final. i had a couple of opportunities in the match. up a break in both sets but just couldnt capitalize on them.nevertheless i had a good week enjoyed playing on grass and had a few good wins.it was a very well conducted event.the organisers had full security for the players at all times and a very enthusiastic atmosphere throughout the week. i have a week off now as i havent been given a wild-card in pune and could not make it in time for the qualies which started yesterday.its quite unfortunate to not play a 25k event in india,but i guess that happens.the 4th wild-card has been given to rashmi teltumbde i believe.thanks a lot for all your wishes. its a great site to visit at times.the comments are very interesting to read. thats all from me for now.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I enjoy reading the comments written by our players and I offer my thanks to Sanaa for posting her comments at Sports-India. I wish she had won the singles title in Muzaffarnagar and also had earned a wild card in Pune.

I have stopped getting surprised when a small Indian town such as Muzaffarnagar can organize a professional tennis tournament well enough that players pay tribute to the organizers. A decade or two back, the tournaments were not run well.

I grew up in UP and Muzaffarnagar is considered a small town in comparison to Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Benares, Allahabad and Meerut. I have a very good friend from Muzaffarnagar and I met him today at the Diwali program organized by the India Association in my city and I told him about the tennis tournament held in his city, and he remains surprised every year when I tell him about his town hosting a professional tennis tournament. I will have to tell him tomorrow that Sanaa felt that his town does a good job in hosting the tournament. :D
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I belong to Muzaffarnagar (actually my father is from a village next to M'Nagar and I have visited this small town umpteen times) and I still think it is a fib that this town can host a world class tennis tournament. I only believed it after reading Sanaa's post. What a surprise!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Sanaa for ur comments and congratulation for ur journey to the final of singles and doubles title win.

Bad luck, as u missed Pune $25K tournament ... But wishing u greater success in $50K tournament in Kolkata.

Jaydeep
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Apart from organising the tournament , it is quite surprising of the crowd which attended the matches in this small town. Even in cities like Mumbai & Delhi there are only a handful of spectators for this level tournaments.

Thanks, Sanaa for your post & it is unfortunate a wild card was not granted to you for Pune challanger. Kyra & Rashmi are talented juniors from Maharashtra . So, wild cards for them is understandable but why is an Uzbek player given a wild card here ?

Anyway, all the best for your next tournament.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

suresh

Post by suresh »

gbelday wrote:Sanaa’s got her moves right
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 408264.cms
Gautam,
You forgot to mention that the article is from 2002 when she was 14 years old, Sukhwant worked for ToI and Sunil Yajaman was coaching juniors for AITA :-)
Suresh