Karan Rastogi Thread ...

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Karan Rastogi ...(Wins $15K India F1 title!!)

Post by PKBasu »

Happy Birthday, Karan, who is 19 today!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

After his magnificent shellacking of Kedriouk (61 61) in the Masters SF today, Karan is assured of 35 ATP points from this Satellite circuit, which will take his ranking to around #384. I predicted he would be in the top-300 by year-end (at a time when he was still ranked around 680), so I'm particularly pleased to see him live up to his potential. Here's wishing him all success in the final, and then onto greater glory in the weeks and months ahead.
kiran r more

Post by kiran r more »

It will be interesting and exciting to follow Karan's progress from here onwards.Every player needs a breakthrough.Certainly this circuit has been his.Jumping almost 200 places in one month,is great.PKB I have always appreciated and admired your intution or predictions.Most of them have come correct.Karan will thus take his well deserving place at no. 4 in India,behind Harsh,Prakash and Rohan.It will be interesting to see how he pushes these seniors.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

kiran r more wrote:Karan will thus take his well deserving place at no. 4 in India,behind Harsh,Prakash and Rohan.It will be interesting to see how he pushes these seniors.
Kiran what about Sunil??? I think he should remain our no. 4 player after satellite ... Though Karan will be very near to him.

Jaydeep.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

what an awesome performance by stogi ,hardly surprising considering the form he is in and the enormous potential he has.
wonderfull fightback by uppal which he richly derserves, surely uppal does have class and as for sks another opurtunity lost to garner more points.
but all in all a very eventfull and satisfying 4 weeks for indians.
kiran r more

Post by kiran r more »

Jaydeep,if I am correct,Sunil will lose his points earned last year around this time in Nigeria.And that will bring him to no. 5 position in India.I may be wrong .Please check it.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Kiran what about Sunil??? I think he should remain our no. 4 player after satellite ... Though Karan will be very near to him.
Jaydeep, Sunil has earned 30 points in this satelite. He loses 4 this week from last year's Nigeria futures.
So, he will be +26 which added to his current points of 54 will take him to 80 points which are exactly the same as Karan is projected to earn before tommrow's finals.
Sunil has 13 more points losing in next 2 weeks from last year's Nigeria futures.
This would mean that Karan will overtake him as India no. 4 if not this week definately in next 2 weeks.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Sunil has 54 pts now but he loses 4 next monday (NGR F5), 1 on Oct 24 (NGR F6), 12 on Oct 31 (NGR F7) and 6 on Dec 5 (IND sat. #2) ..

So, with 54+30-4, SKS will have 80 pts next week.

Karan has 42 pts, but he only loses 1 on Nov 14th; that's it. Right now, with +38, he is tied with Sunil with 80 pts, but a win tomorrow will have him go ahead of Sunil for next week (the satellite points do go in the next week, unlike futures).

Both will be inside top-380 next week. That would be FIVE Indians in the top-400 for the first time in like 10-15 years!

Jay
suresh

Post by suresh »

I hope Sunil uses Karan catching up with him as a motivation to move ahead. Don't worry
Jay, there will be five Indians within the top 300 in the next six months and if things go really well, they may all be in the top 200 with a couple in the top 100.
puneets

Post by puneets »

wow..I hope that Suresh's prediction come ture.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Sammer, Jay and Kiran for clearing this issue of ranking points ... It will really fun to follow our top 5 players in top 400 ... So we can expect them to see more on higher level tournaments.

Jaydeep.
kiran r more

Post by kiran r more »

Hi.Unfortunately I was away to my native place and I did not have access to computer.So I could not post for the last several days.However,I was fortunate to have witnessed final of satellite masters beween karan and vishal.As this is now old news,so I wont write much on that.But first set was great.Overall Karan had a great time on this circuit.The most interesting thing is that though Karan is not known for his big serve,he lost his serve,in the masters, only once-to vijay kanan.That is something very remarkable.He may not be hitting aces like RB OR PA,but his service has depth ,angle ,consistency and variety.Vishal could not handle Karan's second serve because it was deep and with lot of top spin,that was kicking.In addition to that Karan's service returns were excellent and unforced errors minimum.
As usual Bombay media totally ignored the results of these satellites.However,it was a pleasure to see good articles on Karan,yesterday,in TOI,Indian Express and HT.It seems Karan was at MSLTA during the ongoing asian junior championship,when he had the opportunity to interact with the media.As no tennis discussion is complete without the mention of sania,all his inerviews were linked with sania.Media seems to be comparing these two.Karan was very diplomatic.He says,' some of my friends ask me if i could beat sania.He grins and says that they should first understand the game .I think he is handling the media very well,though it must be more difficult than handling players like Greul,Istomin or Delgado.Rastogi Sr. has also expressed his concern over the fact that maharashtra govt. has not done anything for karan .Over all good coverage.Karan must have left for Training at Nick Bollettieri last night.All the best to him.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Thanks for the update, Kiran... Jay
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Thanks for the update, Kiran... Yes, Karam is quite a mature guy for his age and knows what he is doing. Not a goof off, and he has good game. Not a one trick pony or anything.

It is terrible that MSLTA and the state of Maharashtra does nothing much to help somebody like Karan.

Jay
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Kiran thanks for ur views ... But truely speaking Maharashtra government is less supporting to players than many others states ... But still players like Harsh and Karan r doing well is really remarkable ... And this one month US training prgram definetly help Karan for his future.

Jaydeep.