Karman Kaur Thandi

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Karman Kaur Thandi

Post by arjun2761 »

Agree with those that think that Karman is more than ready to play the 25K level. Making the QF in 7 of 12 event is sufficient proof (as only 25% make the QF in any event). In general, you are more likely to improve your game playing better competition rather than beating up on lower level competition. Understand the exceptions based on logistics, ranking, finances etc. to play some lower level events but there is zero need for her to seek a lower level of competition at this stage unless it is driven by one of the exceptions.
Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saniapower »

She was recently double bageled and worse than that, she could manage to win only 12 points against a similar ranked player with no injury and her game is improving! I'd not buy this logic. She should not play for at least a month. Instead she should practice Yoga . It will help.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Saniapower, this is what you wrote on Karman when she reached a 25K final in China in July -
Top class performance from Karman. She can slice, She can play drop shot, big serve, huge forehand - a complete Player. She is India's best now. She is yet to win a title that's why I said earlier that she could have gone for some lower level tournaments but she has made lot of improvements in her game recently and it's showing now, hopefully she will take the title tomorrow.
And now within 3 months, she is not even good for 15K events. It shows how fickle your fan following is.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Not fickle but attention seeker. Just ignore
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

sameerph wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 am And now within 3 months, she is not even good for 15K events. It shows how fickle your fan following is.
Ah, that was then and this is now. People become wiser in three months :-)
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

In saniapower's case, in three months, he goes through all permutations of possible hyperbolic reactions.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Saniapower wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:33 am She was recently double bageled and worse than that, she could manage to win only 12 points against a similar ranked player with no injury and her game is improving! I'd not buy this logic. She should not play for at least a month. Instead she should practice Yoga . It will help.
Even in the new comment, would like to call out

Marie Bouzova was a Jr US Open Champion (career high #7) and at 19-yrs is already in the top-200.
Karman has a career high of #32 and was around #320 in the pros back then

I had specifically traveled to Biel to watch her / other players play. I wouldn't call Marie a similar ranked player when there is such a huge difference in caliber. Irrespective, there is no way probably that Karman should have won only 12 points but just calling out the similar ranked player comment
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Karman withdrew from next week's ITF.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

I knew someone was going to dig out my earlier post. But yes what i'm saying, it seems like she is not the same player. She has lost those weapons. Her game has completely fallen apart. She has lost to Rutuja Bhosale, Naiktha Bains not long ago. She is losing to lower ranked Indian players, Indian origin players. And btw i'm not seeking any attention. I'm just trying to tell the truth. I've seen some of her recent livestreamed matches and I draw conclusion based on the footage.

You see points are pointless. Points will stay with you for only 12 month. After that you will be again pointless. Point is how to improve your game not your points. I don't like the idea of collecting some cheap point from here and there and getting over ranked. How many top 500-600 Cze,SRB,UKR & Russian players KKT has wins over? You can beat a top 250-300 Canadian, British,THA or Chinese rather easily because most of them are also overranked like her. But former soviet & eastern block is really tough.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Saniapower wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 pm I don't like the idea of collecting some cheap point from here and there and getting over ranked.
Now, SP reverses himself/herself in a few days! Which is why she should play the 25ks and not the easy 15ks. Of take a break, get fit, injury-free and train and then come back better.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saniapower wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 pmYou see points are pointless. Points will stay with you for only 12 month. After that you will be again pointless. Point is how to improve your game not your points.
I am really not rejoining this discussion, but just wanted to make the point that I liked saniapower pointing to the pointless point that the points are pointless if you are again pointless in 12 months because you missed the point that the point is not to improve your points. Got it!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

You mean, "Got the point about points being pointless?"
Varma

Post by Varma »

Saniapower wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 pmYou see points are pointless. Points will stay with you for only 12 month. After that you will be again pointless.
Dude, stop lifting quotes directly from "Bagavadgita". If you do so, at least give credit to the source. We don't want Sri Krishna to come sue you :p :p :p

- Varma
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Karman (317) has entered the $100K Poitiers ITF starting next week. She is the last one in the ALTs list so far. This would be a tough field if she decides to play.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Karman pulled out of next 2 weeks tournaments in France. It looks like her hamstring injury will need some time to heal. Hopefully, she will be back for long Indian circuit this year starting with $25K in Pune in the week starting November 6.