Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: N Sriram Balaji thread

Post by sameerph »

Rohan did mention that they will play tournaments together after Wimbledon. There are 2 weeks of clay tournaments post Wimbledon, Hambrug 500 / Baastad 250/ Gastaad 250 in first week and Kirzubel/Umag 250 week after that. So, Rohan/Bala will mostly play these 2 weeks before olympics.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

The news has been out for a couple of days, as above, but let me just leave the agency news article in the newspapers here. AITA has the final word on it, but they seem to have no intention of going against Bopanna's call - which is the right approach by AITA.

Rohan Bopanna chooses N Sriram Balaji as partner for Paris Olympics

In my opinion, they have a fighting chance for a medal. Maybe an 8.33 percent chance (to use in our Olympics medal tally predictions). I consider them to be among the top 12 or so teams, I guess. They won't get seeded in the top 8... But they have a chance. Hope they finish at least top-8 with at least 2 wins.
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

8.33% should just be the chance for the Gold then, if they are amongst the top 12. Chance for a medal should be higher.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ It's my estimate of the chance for just a medal. The chance for a gold is like 2 percent :) ... Some of the other teams will have more than 10 or 15% chance (like Bolelli/Vavassori, Gille/Vliegen, Krawietz/Puetz, etc) for a medal, and they also will have lower chances for a Gold. It all depends on which countries' top-50 singles players will play doubles, also. Some of them are very good and would top many of the current doubles toppers, if they were to play doubles seriously.