Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Ankita Raina thread

Post by jayakris »

That is not the Ankita-Kawa match, Sanjay. It is Raducanu-Gorgodze. They have the Ankita game scoreboard on the wrong video feed!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Ankita had two breaks to lead 3-0 in the second, but got broken and Kawa serving... 63 31... 0-30 but Kawa holds.. 63 62

Argh. Ankita broken again. Now 6-3 3-3 ... It is a break-fest there. Ankita 5 of 7 on BPs and Kawa 7 of 11...

63 45 and Ankita serving. Holds. 5-5. Kawa holds 5-6... Ankita serving to send it to a tiebreaker.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:59 pm
That is not the Ankita-Kawa match, Sanjay. It is Raducanu-Gorgodze. They have the Ankita game scoreboard on the wrong video feed!
Yes, something weird is going on. The video does not match the scoreboard shown in the same video which is not aligned with the ref announcing the scores! I am totally confused.
Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Oh you mean she is not Ankita??? haha it's not clear but I thought it was AR all this while. What a comedy of errors.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Yeah, it confised the heck out of me too. Neither player looked like Ankita and it took me a little time to figure out what was going on.

Ankita held serve and set it to a TB... Now 6-3 6-6 and she takes a minibreak to go up 3-0 in the TB... up another mini... 4-1 and serving two. Ooh, loses 2 minis and it is even 4-3... Up again 5-3, now another mini. 6-3 and serving two set points; 3SP... Serving 6-4 2SP. Got it.

All even at 36 76(4) 00...
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

Seems to be stuck at 0-1 in the 3rd?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

The match interrupted. What is new? Probably rain. Either rain, or heat is interrupting the matches. As it is past 8 pm there, probably rain!

Ankita is down a break early in the third. 36 76(4) 01 with Kawa to serve. We will see if they restart it tonight or will decide to come back and finish it tomorrow morning.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

jayakris wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:37 am The match interrupted. What is new? Probably rain. Either rain, or heat is interrupting the matches. As it is past 8 pm there, probably rain!

Ankita is down a break early in the third. 36 76(4) 01 with Kawa to serve. We will see if they restart it tonight or will decide to come back and finish it tomorrow morning.

It says Interrupted now but a bit earlier it said "Medical Timeout". I hope both players are okay.

Down a break may not be bad since neither can reliably hold serve today!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yes, that early break in the third set does not matter. These two are breaking each other fairly regularly. A pretty even match.

It is rescheduled for tomorrow (Friday) morning. The winner will play the second seed Clara Tausen or Magdelana Frech. Their R2 match hasn't even started, so the winner of that match may need to play two full matches tomorrow.

Meanwhile Ankita and Renata Zarazua had given a walkover in the doubles QF (I think Renata is dinged up).
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Rescheduled or suspended (and will be resumed)? Raina has to win one point down. Both are pretty close with a slight edge to Kawa. Hope Raina comes up with some plan and wins before Kawa can adjust.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^ suspended and rescheduled, I guess. Will resume in the morning from where they left off. A match is never replayed in tennis. It is always resumed from wherever it was stopped.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Yep and that makes perfect sense.
suresh

Post by suresh »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 pm Heat interruptions, wind, darkness, rain... It is a mess out there in Landisville.

Meanwhile, if you have a few minutes, watch the clips here of all the interesting drama yesterday with Coco Vandeweghe's absolutely boorish behavior, along with all the interruptions. American Coco Vandeweghe criticised for 'petulant' display in US Open lead up event... Refusing to hit warm-up balls should be grounds for a default, but apparently that is not in the rules. It is all interesting drama out there. Watch the video clips.
:Offtopic:

CoCo Vandeweghe explains what led to warm-up controversy
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am fine with that. She does not want to run or spend energy in the warmups, it is her call. I have asthma and at one point in college, I figured out that if I did not warm up my 100m times were actually faster (~11.75 sec) than if I warmed up (~12 sec) because of that. So, I would just do very mild stretches and run to conserve lung function. If she wants to do that, I am fine.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

And the match finally starts at 11:10 am there... Ankita promptly breaks Kawa back, and it is all even at 2-1 in the third (Kawa serving). Argh, Ankita had 4 BPs again but Kawa held, so 2-2 now. Now Anikta gets broken after deuces. Yikes. 2-3 and Kawa to serve.