Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Ramkumar Ramanathan thread

Post by sameerph »

Yes, not sure of exactly how much is the spent for these players. But, detailed calculation that Balaji and Vishnu had made in their crowdfunding platform state as US$ 83,000 as their annual expenses including training. Of course, as it looks like RamK will continue training at Sanchez Casal academy in Florida. I think that will be a whole lot costlier than the local training expenses which Vishnu and Bala have factored in their calculation. Still, $109K should at least be enough to meet at least 50%-60% of his expenses, I think.
bujilover wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm Ramk's next schedule looks like:

Feb 5 - $100K+H San Francisco ATP CH (MD)
Feb 12 - New York Open ATP 250 (QD)

Hopefully will continue and play the Delray Beach Open Q the following week (and this would mean he will skip the Chennai CH).
Yes, since he is 'New York ATP qualies in the same week. It is clear that he will not be coming back for Chennai Challenger. I guess again this is something to do with him not being funded by TNTA any more.

He will mostly go on in tournaments in US till next davis cup match in early April and play in IW and Miami qualies.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

RamK pulled out of San Francisco challenger next week. What has happened to our players ? None of our top 4 - Yuki, RamK, Sumit and Prajnesh have played since Australian open qualies which is about 4 weeks offs. I hope no injury issues for either of them.
VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by VReddy »

As per some interview, Ram wants to spend that extra time in Spain with the coach, atleast that was reason given for skipping Chennai challenger. So not sure if he is in Spain or NY or just that feels he needs extra time in training I guess
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

He is listed in NY and Delray beach ATP qualies for next 2 weeks. So, I guess he us training in US at Sanchez-Casal academy base there.

Yes, not a bad time to train with lower number of tournaments in early part of the year.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

VReddy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am As per some interview, Ram wants to spend that extra time in Spain with the coach, atleast that was reason given for skipping Chennai challenger. So not sure if he is in Spain or NY or just that feels he needs extra time in training I guess
Ram is not in Spain and is in Naples Florida with Emilio
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

At the NY Open qualies , Ram has very tough opening round against Enrnesto Escebedoe , and if he should falter in this difficult opener all the weeks of training will come to nought, Should he prevail the top seed Taro Daniel awaits him.
In the best of scenarios probably as best he would qualify and maximum reach R1 or R2 and than when you look back and see was it worth missing previous Challengers where he could have amassed points and used them as an insurance as in few weeks time his bulk of the points will be at stake and falling off , rather than jumping straight into a high Octane ATP with no tournament play for 3 weeks and the competition is much more fierce and higher than what he last played at the AO qualies
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Yes, RamK seems to have adopted a high risk strategy at the start of the year in terms of his schedule. New York qualies followed by Delray beach qualies followed by Acapulco qualies in next 3 weeks. It will mostly be followed by Indian Wells and Miami qualies.

His major cache of points to defend comes in April and thereafter. So, he will not fall much in rankings even if loses early in these which is a fair strategy because if it success his confidence will be really high in the year ahead.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Ramk loses 5-7, 3-6 to Escobedo.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

sameerph wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:49 am Yes, RamK seems to have adopted a high risk strategy at the start of the year in terms of his schedule.
In the end though isn't that what you play for? What I mean is you go from futures- challengers - ATP qualies - ATP direct entry - Slams direct entry. You have to move up and see if you are good enough. He's done the hard work and slogged his way to get his ranking upto the level to play the ATP qualies so has to go for it.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

RamK qualified in for Delray beach ATP 250. I have moved his delray beach ATP related posts to the North American ATP tournaments thread. Further discussion can be done there.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

sameerph wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 am RamK qualified in for Delray beach ATP 250. I have moved his delray beach ATP related posts to the North American ATP tournaments thread. Further discussion can be done there.
I wanted to show the thumbs up sign but no smiley for the same. Our smileys are outdated. Can anyone do something about it?
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

This weekend Ram will be playing the qualies at Acapulco in the huge Mexican ATP 500.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Ramk is a very awkward looking shot maker and a tennis player. To me he is natural sprinter. Track & field would have been perfect for him. He has gone to a wrong place. He has chosen a wrong sport. Future looks gloomy now. Chennai open is now History. Its gone. Its over.
sportsfan

Post by sportsfan »

Saniapower wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm Ramk is a very awkward looking shot maker and a tennis player. To me he is natural sprinter. Track & field would have been perfect for him. He has gone to a wrong place. He has chosen a wrong sport. Future looks gloomy now. Chennai open is now History. Its gone. Its over.
he's a great mover on the court. his athleticism and feistiness are up there in the top. with his current game, top 100 is certainly achievable for him.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Best of luck to Ramk :goodluck: