Sunitha to play for India (The controversy)

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

whatever
Please enter the middle number: 1

Sunitha to play for India (The controversy)

Post by whatever »

I presumed that what was expressed woul be construed as opinion alone. I cannot offer any evidence.

Jay, there is no letter from AITA to Rao about the money. It was a talk between him and AITA. I unerstand that AITA was going to hold a press conference before Wimbledon to annonce that Sunitha would play for us henceforth except that ITF had held up the application in lieu of some documents. SO no conference took place.

India fan as far as specific journalists are concerned it is not for me to point out. I was just a bit put off by the constant references in the forum to what the papers carried. Of course they are the major source of information for most of us and the guys who write for them have insights developed from long association with the game. But what they write isn't always gospel. I just wanted to highlight that particular aspect. The bit about them having skewed interests because AITA offers sops is an interesting poser. Anyone who really works at it can discern a pattern in the writing of most of them. I am not saying they have distinct agendas. I just suggesting they think in a particular manner and therefore choose to highlight some things while ignoring others.

The truth in Sunitha Rao's case is not that she has a greedy father. (purely personal opinion). His statements reflect a man who's bitter about something. I think we should give him the benefit of doubt.

While it stays a noble sentiment to play for the nation, we must unerstand that patriotism alone ain't what makes for a players progress on the Tour. That, more often than not, demands lots of money.

So many of our coaches and former players who also got a bad deal from our associations are not getting associated with Indian players as they seek a lot of money. Are they too failing in their duty towards India by not helping groom our future players? Another question that I cannot resist is that does Indian tennis, given the unprofessional way it is run, deserve their consideration?

Lets give Sunitha an her dad the benefit of doubt. Thats been the whole purpose of this communication.

After all, we can flip a coin and we can take one of the two calls it offers. Or we can imagine the myriad realities it reflects as it cavorts to a conclusion.