expenses of a pro??

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Triple N
Please enter the middle number: 1

expenses of a pro??

Post by Triple N »

thanks a million, jay,
your advice really was a lot of help. i thoroughly appreciate it.
as for going to the gurgaon tournament, i suppose it is a little late to think of it now. but then again even if i did have the time i probably would have given it a miss as my college exams are round the corner(it wouldnt be too wise to let go a years worth of hard work).

one of the things i've also been thinkin bout is that, with the new rule of the IPIN coming in, is it possible to play in ITF tournaments as an amateur(after the age of 17), coz i'm 18 already.
because once i register for the IPIN, i'll already b on the computer(technically making me a pro). then with the college on one side would it be possible to be active on the tour ?
that leaves me with the option of hittin the courts for bout 6-7 hours a day for the next 6 months,put college on hold for now and then turning pro full time. i would like to know your views on this particular situation
take care n godbless
bye

PS - i wont b able to come on the forum regularly for the next one month(things r a lil hectic here), but do pour in your invaluable suggestions, i'll keep checkin on them.
sramu

expenses of a pro??

Post by sramu »

Triple N
I don't know what you are studying. The Indian tennis guys generally study commerce (in India) which gives enough time for their tennis. Also, most of the colleges allow the tennis students to take time off from calsses for tournaments etc.
In my opinion, one should complete graduation (having worked hard so far).
All the best.
insideout
Authors
Authors

expenses of a pro??

Post by insideout »

Well Triplen I think that you will be free after your exams, you may take a break from college then and then concentrate on tennis, playing tournaments in India, for abt 4-5 months and then get back to college for a while before you start your tournaments outside India. In the meanwhile you can also approach some corporate houses with ur bio for sponsorship!!

:goodluck: in ur exams and tennis career as well!!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

expenses of a pro??

Post by Sandeep »

Goodluck for your exams TripleN . Keep your interest going, oneday you will make it big in tennis too.
brightsideup

expenses of a pro??

Post by brightsideup »

hey everyone, i have a small question, maybe someone can answer it here....
on an average how many consecutive weeks of tennis do most proffessional tennis players play, provided no injury problem creeps up?

just curious about it,
brightsideup
BSharma
Authors
Authors

expenses of a pro??

Post by BSharma »

Players are quite different in how they plan their schedule. The top 50 players or so can pick and choose the tournaments and can plan better then the lower ranked players who have to sometimes wait and see if they can make the entry list or not. The lower ranked players often try to play more than the top players because they earn less money per tournament played.

The best guide is to go to the ATP/ITF and WTA websites and check the results of several players. The dates of these tournaments will give you an idea about how many weeks in a row some of these players play.

The players risk injuries if they play too many tournaments back-to-back.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

expenses of a pro??

Post by jayakris »

If you are doing well (meaning 3 or more singles matches a week). do NOT play more than 4 weeks at a stretch. If you have played more than 12 sin gles matches and more than 5 doubles matches in three weeks, you should really look carefully before entering even a 4th week's event. If you have played more than 9 singles matches and more than 5 doubles matches in a 2-week period, skip even a 3rd week.

Jay
jeet_manyu

expenses of a pro??

Post by jeet_manyu »

Mr. jayakris, i am a 17 year old tennis player from a relatively smaller town of India. i have been playing tennis for more than 8 years already. but i have not yet played in any junior or other types of events till now.
over the last few months i have been practicing very hard(for almost 5 1/2 hours daily) at my local club under my coach.
a lot of regular seniors at the club and some visiting players have seen my game and have said that i have the got the game to be among the talented top players in the country because of my all-round game and good height.
at 17, i dont think the juniors is suitable anymore,
i read your post above in the page....
...,(meanwhile looking for any type of decent domestic AITA events to test out where you stand)....
i would like to know how to participate in these domestic aita events..for eg. how should i go about the process of applying for these events and moere imp. , how do i know where these evnts are held?
plz help,
jeet manyu
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

expenses of a pro??

Post by jayakris »

If you turned 17 only THIS year, you should still play the junior ITF events (the next ones will be coming up in september).

Assuming that you turned 17 sometime before Dec 31, 2004, it is better to play AITA and ITF senior events. The immediate thing to do is to go to http://www.aitatennis.com and read through their calendar. Click on the left button "Rules" and you can find a regitratuon form for registering to AITA. Fill up the form and send them.

Then you should read the material on registering to international tennis federation with an IPIN number. Once you have done that you can enter ITF tournaments. You should enter the upcoming ITF satellites in Gurgaon, Delhi. You will need to go down a couple of days ahead, practice on the courts there, and play qualifying rounds. You would have a low priority for entry to the qualifying rounds, but if I were to guess, if you have registered with AITA and ITF, you have a pretty good chance to make it in. Test yourself there first. Then play a few of the AITA domestic events over the next few months and see where you reach. Keep us posted on how it goes, and fee free to ask here if you have questions. But the best would be to go to Gurgaon, get an idea of how these things are done, talk to a lot of players, and you will pick up the ropes of the system very fast.

Good luck!

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Thu May 05, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

expenses of a pro??

Post by jayakris »

Here is the AITA registration form link (I forgot ... looks like AITA has combined their registration and the ITF registration with an IPIN number into one form)

http://www.aitatennis.com/New%20Aita/RE ... %20NEW.doc

Jay
Nate

expenses of a pro??

Post by Nate »

Good luck Jeet Manyu. Keep the fire burning and believe in yourself. We are looking forward to hearing from/about you from Gurgaon.
You must have gone through the previous posts on this thread. The points about motivation, self-belief and work ethics are worth remembering.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

expenses of a pro??

Post by jaydeep »

Yes Jeetu we all wishing u good luck and hoping we will hear lots of good news about u in near future.

Keep urself motivated, always try to think positively (in wins or loss) and keep goals which u can achieve and once that achieve then increase further and further ... :goodluck:

Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

expenses of a pro??

Post by Sandeep »

Hey, goodluck man
insideout
Authors
Authors

expenses of a pro??

Post by insideout »

Hey Jeetu go on, you can do it!!! And keep us informed abt ur outings and things that wioll be goin on

:goodluck:
brightsideup

expenses of a pro??

Post by brightsideup »

yeah....c'mon jeetu u can do it...make us proud....
hey everybody....there's a nice article bout getting started on proffesional tennis for young kids on the atptennis website.....
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/getstarted.asp
just thought i'd put it up here...
take care everyone
buh bye