Yuki Bhambri

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Yuki Bhambri

Post by Omkara »

sscoobeedoo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 pm while I sympathize w the lack of sponsorship etc., I do believe that this issue is overblown. there are enough opptys for top Indian players to show results and earn disproportionate share in sponsorship in India, nowadays. It is no longer acceptable to lament sponsorship, but trust that if you produce meaningful results, rest will take care of itself. there is no point worrying about stuff you can't control much.
Without including Wimbledon, Yuki has earned $235k this year. Hope he invests the same and travels with a physio.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Omkara wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 am Without including Wimbledon, Yuki has earned $235k this year. Hope he invests the same and travels with a physio.
That is revenue, not net income right? We don't know what his tour costs are.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

On a long drop, so keeping it short. We need to factor in probably about 35% tax, currency conversion costs, accommodation is covered only till player alive in tourney, flight costs are way higher than us as all their bookings tend to be last minute. We need to factor in that he was probably negative in his balance sheet all these years. So it makes sense that he can only afford one person to accompany and not both.

Just posting to ensure we consider all aspects. But frankly this topic is a waste of time and given that, Yuki is one of the analytically strong ones around, he is the first one to recognize and so is not comfortable with this topic being in the open i think.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I guess if you are a public figure, which a top sportsman in a country is, the expectation of total privacy is possibly wrong. What we are discussing is not that intrusive. We do not expect him to provide all details and if any of you know such precise details (let's say his tax preparer lurking around here), you should not spill it. Other than that, it should be fine discussing it whether he likes it or not.

I agree it is possibly a waste of time and have not participated in it much, but if someone wants to discuss, that should be fine is what I am saying.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

prasen9 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:00 pm I guess if you are a public figure, which a top sportsman in a country is, the expectation of total privacy is possibly wrong. What we are discussing is not that intrusive. We do not expect him to provide all details and if any of you know such precise details (let's say his tax preparer lurking around here), you should not spill it. Other than that, it should be fine discussing it whether he likes it or not.

I agree it is possibly a waste of time and have not participated in it much, but if someone wants to discuss, that should be fine is what I am saying.
Yes i agree, this is a discussion forum after all. My point was about anything meaningful / materialistic arising out of this topic beyond discussion - from a player perspective
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Sorry, when did this become a player's forum? I have always considered this to be forum for fans of Indian sports and sports persons....
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

arjun2761 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm Sorry, when did this become a player's forum? I have always considered this to be forum for fans of Indian sports and sports persons....
I mentioned from my perspective where I generally prefer these discussions to go beyond to something materialistic. Thats just me and my tendency as a person with political/social activist background.

My analogy may not apply to all.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Is Yuki planning to sit out all the Challengers in North America over the next few months, and only return to the tour at the of July in Atlanta? VReddy, any insights from your discussions with Stephen Koon?
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

Brilliant interview. Great job. Wonderful insight from the coach. Rare to see someone so open and honest.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

PKBasu wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 am Is Yuki planning to sit out all the Challengers in North America over the next few months, and only return to the tour at the of July in Atlanta? VReddy, any insights from your discussions with Stephen Koon?

I didn't ask him that. I will share a post-interview stats summary with him soon and hopefully can slot in this question - will update soon.

Thank you, Samarth!
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Probable next schedule: Washington, Toronto, Cincinnati, Winston, US Open.

Didn't probe him more. Thank you again for the feedback, PKB!
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Yuki has entered Atlanta and Washington in the week of July 23 and July 30 respectively. The weeks after that he will find it difficult to make the main draw at Toronto and Cincinnati. So, he will have to chose if he has to play qualies at these 2 masters events or $100K challengers in Vancouver and Washington.
RohitG

Post by RohitG »

Thanks VReddy for the interview and giving us more details regarding his coaching and sponsorship status. Yes Yuki is in the entry lists for these two as Sameer mentioned. Yuki has 115 points falling off,15 from Gatineau challenger and 100 from Washington. As discussed before, I think he should be safe to make it to the main draw at USO. There are some 10 pointer tournaments which are not counted. So now we've to see how he manages to defend these 100 points. A good show in July can take the pressure off in August. A better show (more than 110) might help as a cushion for points falling off later in the year, and help for AO. The question is which path will he choose after July? Qualies at bigger tournaments or the safer approach of scrapping off points at the challengers. It all boils down now to his confidence and fitness
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Yes, it makes sense to focus on the ATP tournaments in July. Yuki is assured of making the USO main draw this year, but it would be good if he can make the QF (or better) at Atlanta and Washington, DC (the latter is where he qualified and made the QF last year, beating Monfils and taking a set off Kevin Anderson). The Washington points fall on 6th August this year. If he makes more than 110 points from Atlanta and Washington, he can keen playing ATP tournaments in August. If not, it would be prudent to try a few Challengers in August.
fabshab

Post by fabshab »

Through Yuki's instagram story which he posted 3 days back came to know that his next tournament will be Washington .Idk why he wont play atlanta.