Yuki Bhambri

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

prashanthm
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Yuki Bhambri

Post by prashanthm »

PKBasu wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am And surprising, too, that Saketh (rather than Divij) and Michael Venus are his best friends on tour (the latter holds the prospect of an excellent long term doubles partnership as well, although Venus already has a Slam title now).
Not to forget, Yuki helped Venus make his GS debut way back whey they won the AO WC Doubles MD entry.... So, it might still be a possibility of a long doubles relationship.... we never know....
VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by VReddy »

prashanthm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:51 pm
PKBasu wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am And surprising, too, that Saketh (rather than Divij) and Michael Venus are his best friends on tour (the latter holds the prospect of an excellent long term doubles partnership as well, although Venus already has a Slam title now).
Not to forget, Yuki helped Venus make his GS debut way back whey they won the AO WC Doubles MD entry.... So, it might still be a possibility of a long doubles relationship.... we never know....
Regd Saketh, I think it is because probably Saki is one of the nicest chaps you would come across. I get the same impression from whoever I interact who spent some time/interacted with him.. From our own Florian (in Canada) to Saki Squad member in Paris or general online articles that you read.

To Rajiv: Lets use the existing thread in off-topic/social media SI for those discussions
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Oh, I will never forget that about the start of Venus' doubles career!
And similarly, Divij first made R3 of a Slam with Yen-Hsun Lu as partner. These guys are a close-knit bunch.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

PKBasu wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm
Oh, I will never forget that about the start of Venus' doubles career!
And similarly, Divij first made R3 of a Slam with Yen-Hsun Lu as partner. These guys are a close-knit bunch.

PKB for us it is more unforgettable, as me and my son were there during that final and 2 of us were the only Indians amongst a crowd of 1500 to 2000 Chinese spectators supporting their home team of the Chinese paring

whenever our guys won any point there was a pin drop and errie silence in the entire stadium with only two of us screaming and cheering and than the entire crowd including bigwigs and President of Chinese Tennis would gaze at us,and brought smiles from Yuki and Venus

After the match both of them personally thanked us for supporting them and pictures with Yuki and Venus are my younger sons prized possesion
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

:clap:
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

For the next 2 weeks looks like Yuki would be training and he has entered the ATP250 in Montpellier starting Feb 5 . he needs 5 to 6 withdrawals to make the main draw.
After Montpelier is Chennai Challenger , and it would be highly unlikely he would make the trek back to Chennai to play a Challenger and would mostly continue to stay in Europe for the remaining weeks and play Challengers in France and Italy which follow Montpellier , or the odd ATP at Rotterdam ,Marseille in lieu of European Challengers.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

He is also 4 out from the entry list of ATP 250 at Sofia,Bulgaria in the same week ( Feb.5) and is second in the qualifying entry list. So, he will go there instead of Montpellier. Sumit is also in the qualifying entry list for Bulgaria ATP.

RamK is in the entry list of $100K(+H) San Fransisco challenger in the same week.

So, lets if our top 3 return back from Europe/US to Chennai a week later.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

So Yuki and Sumit will probably play the ATP Sofia (Bulgaria) qualifiers, starting 4th February.
But the list of alternates for both Sofia and Montpellier is similar, so there is a reasonable chance that Yuki will make into the main draw at either of the two places as we get closer to the date.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

I don't think he can play Montpellier now that he has entered Sofia qualies. Anyway, he is only 3 out from Sofia now and 2 above him, Jaziri and Baghdatis are also top 2 alternates at Montpellier. Hope they are a couple of withdrawals from Montpellier and Jaziri/ Baghdatis make it there and Yuki at Sofia.

Btw, he is now 8 places up to be ranked #111 now. This is highest ranking since April 2016. He has a lot of points to defend in late February and March. So, hope he gets good one in Sofia and than at Chennai Challenger to move ahead.
nitin28

Post by nitin28 »

Yuki has withdrawn from both ATP 250 tournaments.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

I think Yuki's withdrawl might have something to do with Lu's withdrawl (shoulder injury) from Sofia, owing to Yuki's sharing of Lu's coach...
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

He could have travelled there without a coach. Previously he has travelled to so many tournaments without a coach. I guess expenses for travelling for just week to Europe and returning back to India ( to play Chennai Challenger) may be prohibitive. I was initially surprised when he entered only this 1 week and not any challengers before that.

Btw, Sumit too has withdrawn from Sofia ATP qualies. So, we will have no representation in singles there. :-(
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

I had a chat with Sumit. He said he had some issues with the visa. So he had to withdraw!
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

I had a chat with Sumit. He said he had some issues with the visa. So he had to withdraw!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Tough luck.