Yuki Bhambri

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Yuki Bhambri

Post by prasen9 »

Maybe some kind moderator will move part of this to some oldies thread where we are not talking about Yuki anymore.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:22 am And I now know that it was not just me, so I don't have to feel bad about the fact that I had noticed the said posterior of the said cricket player... Not that there is anything wrong with it, as Seinfeld would say :)
John Keats started his Endymion poem with an apt line that became a famous quote. Well, I am reminded of a famous quote in this ocassion. We should appreciate such things.

[For those of you who have started to think otherwise, I swear I am not gay, really, believe me.]
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Congratulations to Yuki Bhambri for winning his 6th challenger title today in Pune and his first one since Pune challenger of 2015.

In live rankings he has moved up to 122.

I am a bit confused about ranking points for this and next week's challenger. Both give hospitality and should give higher level points but tournament draw shows only 80 points for the winner.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I believe this Pune challenger was officially not a +H event. There are some cases where the organizers give hospitality, but probably not to the full extent that ATP requires. That may be it.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

But the ATP calender and the live pages app shows this as 50K (+H) Challenger.

Same for next week. If you see the draw the points are only those of $100K challenger but calender shows hospitality.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Your're right, sameer. The draw sheet pdfs are the final word on the points awarded, and for that they are definitely not using the +H. But the ATP calendar is showing +H for the challengers. Not just for the Indian challengers, but for other challengers also. It is weird.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

This is a nice article on Yuki by Prajwal Hegde in Times of India.

India No 1 Yuki Bhambri ready to cut loose
"Next year is a crucial year for me," the 25-year-old says. "If I play 20-25 tournaments again, I feel I have the game to break into the top-50."
That is an ambitious goal set by Yuki. I hope he is able to achieve that. None of the Indian men have done that since close to 30 years.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

https://www.facebook.com/IMPACTTennisAc ... =3&theater

Per this image, Yuki does appear to be the tallest in this group for tennis purposes (top of the shoulder height). Some of the other players, especially the Korean Chung and the Georgian Basilishvilli (?) appear to be more buffed though.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

OMG! Look at all those legs.... (LOL, I know... I am looking at guys' legs :D )

Yuki's are feeble compared to the most other guys in the picture... I hope it is the angle and not really his legs...
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

The interview with Yuki did finally happen. I put in as many questions as possible, as I had limited time. Here is the link -

https://indiantennisdaily.com/2018/01/0 ... i-bhambri/
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Now Indian Tennis Daily is also a separate website , I was under impression it was only restricted to Facebook.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Wonderful interview again, Vatsal! Thanks for posting the link.
Interesting that Yen-Hsun Lu's coach is now helping Yuki too. I hope he and Lu play some doubles together, on occasion, as they will make a potent pair. And surprising, too, that Saketh (rather than Divij) and Michael Venus are his best friends on tour (the latter holds the prospect of an excellent long term doubles partnership as well, although Venus already has a Slam title now).
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

Rajiv wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 am Now Indian Tennis Daily is also a separate website , I was under impression it was only restricted to Facebook.
Hey Rajiv. Hope you are doing well. So myself and Vishnu had a long discussion about this. To post interview and match reports, you need a place where the user gets redirected to. And this was the only option. We can't be posting interviews as a Facebook post.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

When this topic first came up it was led to believe that it is only going to be FaceBook affair a platform which Sports-India could not offer , and now all of sudden we see a website coming up

Having been in Hong Kong for 25 years I can see the complete parlance to the complete marginalisation of Hong Kong by China when at the beginning the Hong Kong economy was bigger than China and they all spoke sweetly and cunningly that nothing will change for 50 years , and today to make the long story short of marginalisation of HongKong , Shenzen a fishing village is now a bigger economy than Hong Kong , which only became possible using HongKongs growth and stature as an engine and when the integration and assimilation was complete than followed the step motherly treatment now we even have Chinese immigration officers at checkpoints in total blatant violation of the agreement when all along sweetly we were promised nothing would change and there will be two different regions.

As I have maintained , anybody and everybody has the freedom to do whatever they want and in the past there have been attempts by few Copycats but even then there was clear demarcation and no infiltration to promote there website or any attempt made to blur the boundaries.

This Website stature and standing is possible only due to the dedication and hard work of Jay and Dhruv and is one of its kind which has led us to be our passion , our worship and the last thing I would like it to be marginalised by this forced integration with blur boundry lines as we see now a website coming up which was never the case before as initially the talk was only of Facebook.

I know you have silent supporters in this forum who subscribe to this forced integration and donot mind this arrangement and blurring of lines ,
But I am only voicing my personal view in a frank and an open way and it will be very sad to see this site suffering the fate of Hong Kong and you / your team are free and have every right to do whatever you want , But please don't mix that page in this website in some form or the other.