On the mast-head player web pages at TennisIndia ..

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

I have broached this topic in a number of other threads, but haven't had a response. So I'm starting a new thread on this.
Now that Shikha Uberoi has emulated Niru in winning a round at a Slam (and arguably done even better by giving a scare to a tennis legend in R2, including an early break of Venus' serve), is it time for Jay to consider substituting Nirupama Vaidyanathan on his FanClub mast-head with Uberoi sisters and Sania Mirza? (I would agree that Sania has not yet earned her place there, but the talent is there for all to see...). Or perhaps we should wait until Shikha or Sania breaks into the top-200. Opinions?
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

I think the time is ripe, if Jay has the time to maintain it! ;)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

We had responded to it earlier, PKB. In the Uberois thread!

Basically I said I will wait till her country affiliation changes. Qualifying in and winning a grand slam singles round against a top-100 player is good enough.

Shall we delete this thread then?

Jay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I'm sorry I missed your response on the Uberois thread...
I don't think you need to delete this thread. We'll probably come back to it when Sania, Shikha, etc. do something special again (which, I'm sure, will be pretty soon).
Btw, I noticed some saying that they don't go to the masthead pages, etc. That's certainly not true for me. The LP page is my book-mark: that's where I start from, and arrive here only after looking at the LP or MB pages, and your daily Notes...
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

OK, we will leave this in here as a thread for people to talk about starting individual pages at TennisIndia.Org

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Before there was Sports-India.com website, Jay's web pages for Leander, Mahesh and Niru were the main source of tennis scores of these players. The Sports-India.com has replaced much of what Jay was doing earlier with those player's web pages. In fact, Jay puts more information about the scores and what is going on in Indian tennis at Sports-India than on the web pages of LP, MB or Niru.

I changed my bookmark from LP's page to Jay's daily write ups once Sports-India.com came into existence, and after reading Jay's daily notes I click on the tennis forum to read the discussions about all the players.

The mast head is now a badge of honor, in my opinion. It still has a place in this day and time, and the up coming Indian tennis players must strive to reach that status. :D
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

I havnet gone to the mastheads for years but i always go to the notes page before coming to the forum....but the mastheads are almost non-existent for me although i can see that alot of you have some sentimental attachment to them :wink:
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

OK, even if some of you have forgotten the wonderful player pages where all the news and scores of the year are reported...the Daily Notes page too has a "mast-head" with the names of LP, MB and Niru. There is still some scope for changing the latter at some point when Shikha and/or Sania "qualify" to replace Niru. (Shikha has qualified tennis-wise, but not citizenship-wise!). No dilution of criteria: I like that!