tidbit

All posts regarding past greats should be made under this heading.

Moderator: Moderators

kujo
Authors
Authors

tidbit

Post by kujo »

This quote after Roger Federer's loss to Hrabty in Cinci Masters: "It is the first time a No. 1 seed has lost a first round match in Cincinnati since Vijay Amritraj beat top seed John McEnroe in 1984."
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

tidbit

Post by BSharma »

Wow. Did Federer really know this tidbit or did someone tell him after his loss? I wonder if someone should ask John McEnroe during his new TV show!

Has anyone seen John McEnroe's TV show? It is pathetic IMHO. :Offtopic:
gvhvhg

tidbit

Post by gvhvhg »

i havent seen his show for awhile...i watched the first 5-10 episodes but then left for india for 6 weeks...havnet watched it since i got back but all reports ive heard is that its gone down the wayside---dissapointing because I enjoyed its begininng---he had one particular great interview with ralf nader where he (mcenroe) did really well...he was reely trying to make nader see that he was taking away the democratic votes---if i was a a nader voter i would have switched just from watching that interview---nader made a fool of himself---in fact there were a few episodes in the beginning that pretty much ensured taht no republicans would be watching the show!!! McEnroe said some things!!! :wink:
PKBasu

tidbit

Post by PKBasu »

So McEnroe's TV show is about politics? What about tennis??
BSharma
Authors
Authors

tidbit

Post by BSharma »

Yes, PKB.

John is very liberal in his political views and makes no bones about it. :D

gvhhvg, I also saw the Nader show and several other shows of McEnroe. I agree with McEnroe that Nader is taking away the democrat votes away from Kerry, and he did that in 2000 also. Without Nader, Gore could have become the President in 2000.

I rarely see McEnore's show now because he is still very stiff during the show. He needs to lighten up and act more like McEnroe, the tennis player.